Marvin, Ulysses L.; attorney; born, Stow, Summit County, O., March 14, 1839; son of Ulysses and Elizabeth Bradley Marvin; educated, public schools, Twinsburg Academy, Franklin Institute and private tutor; honorary degree, LL. D., Kenyon College; married, Kent, O., Nov. 21, 1861, Dorena Rockwell; died Nov. 1, 1898; married, second time, Cleveland, Sept. 28, 1901, Carrie Ensign; two sons living, George U. and Francis R.; volunteered Aug. 9, 1862; served till Oct. 4, 1865, private, first lieut., capt. and Major by brevet; was wounded twice in battle; began to teach school at age of 16; principal Kent High School 1861-1862; Judge Probate Court, Summit County, 1870-1876, Judge Court Common Pleas, 4th District, Ohio, 1883; Judge Circuit Court, 8th District of Ohio, 1895 to 1913; Judge Court of Appeals, 8th District of Ohio, 1913; practiced law at Kent, O., from November 1865-1867, and at Akron, O., except while holding office, from November, 1867, to February, 1895; took office then as Judge of Circuit Court; member law firm Marvin, Smart, Marvin & Ford; director Sheriff St. Market House & Storage Co., pres. Windimere Realty Co.; vice pres. Bankers Guarantee & Trust Co., Akron, O., trustee Kenyon College; Gambier, O., trustee Lincoln Memorial Institute; member Theta Lawda Phi Fraternity.