Minnesota Genealogy. This state page of our website provides direct links to free Minnesota genealogy databases and historical titles and information found on Minnesota Genealogy, whether they exist on our site, or across the web.
Minnesota Census Records
- Minnesota Census Records
- 1865 Minnesota State Census Indexes and images of the population schedule listing inhabitants of the State of Minnesota as of June 1, 1865.
- 1875 Minnesota State Census Names index of the population schedule listing inhabitants of the State of Minnesota as of May 1, 1875. Microfilm copies of original records are available at the Family History Library and at family history centers.
- 1885 Minnesota State Census Indexes and images of the population schedule listing inhabitants of the State of Minnesota as of 1885.
- 1895 Minnesota State Census Name indexes of the population schedule listing inhabitants of the State of Minnesota as of 1895. Microfilm copies of original records are available at the Family History Library and at family history centers.
- 1905 Minnesota State Census Indexes and images of the population schedule listing inhabitants of the State of Minnesota as of June 1, 1905
Minnesota Genealogy Websites
United States Genealogy
United States GenWeb Project
Aitkin, Anoka, Becker, Beltrami, Benton, Big Stone, Blue Earth, Brown, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chippewa, Chisago, Clay, Clearwater, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Dodge, Douglas, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Grant, Hennepin, Houston, Hubbard, Isanti, Itasca, Jackson, Kanabec, Kandiyohi, Kittson, Koochiching, Lac Qui Parle, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Mahnomen, Marshall, Martin, Meeker, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Norman, Olmsted, Otter Tail, Pennington, Pine, Pipestone, Polk, Pope, Ramsey, Red Lake, Redwood, Renville, Rice, Rock, Roseau, St. Louis, Scott, Sherburne, Sibley, Stearns, Steele, Stevens, Swift, Todd, Traverse, Wabasha, Wadena, Waseca, Washington, Watonwan, Wilkin, Winona, Wright, Yellow Medicine.
American History and Genealogy Project
Cottonwood, Freeborn, Goodhue, Lyon, Meeker, Pine, Redwood, Rock, Wantonwan
- Hennepin County
- Nobles County
- 1894 Hinckley Minnesota Forest Fire Deaths The exact origin of the fire is somewhat indefinite; the one that visited Hinckley must have started in the region south of Mission Creek. Around this little village much of the pine had been cut. There was in the hamlet twenty-six houses, a schoolhouse, a small sawmill a general store, hotel and blacksmith shop. At the time of the fire there were seventy-three people living in, and adjacent to, this village; a great number of the population were away from home, having gone to Dakota for the harvest.
- Dassel, Minnesota Those were the Days Most of the early settlers of Dassel and its vicinity came from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Virginia and, last but not least, Sweden, especially from Vastergotland and Varmland. And some energetic families came over from Hutchinson and Kingston, which were thriving little villages at that time.
- Meeker County Immigration – Norwegians – Christiania Port
- Meeker County Immigration – Norwegians – Trondheim Port
Minnesota Land Records
- U.S., Bureau of Land Management Tract Books, 1820-1908
3,907 land management tract books containing official records of the land status and transactions involving surveyed public lands arranged by state and then by township and range. These books indicate who obtained the land, and include a physical description of the tract and where the land is located. The type of transaction is also recorded such as cash entry, credit entry, homesteads, patents (deeds) granted by the Federal Government, and other conveyances of title such as Indian allotments, internal improvement grants (to states), military bounty land warrants, private land claims, railroad grants, school grants, and swamp grants. Additional items of information included in the tract books are as follows: number of acres, date of sale, purchase price, land office, entry number, final Certificate of Purchase number, and notes on relinquishments and conversions.
- Arizona Land Patents online. Index.
- Military Records
- Minnesota Forts List of colonial forts, trading posts, named camps, redoubts, reservations, general hospitals, national cemeteries, etc., established or erected in the United States from its earliest settlement to 1902.
- Revolutionary War Records
- Minnesota War of 1812 Military Records
- Civil War Records
- Minnesota Civil War Battlefield Map
- Civil War Pensions Index Cards Each card gives the soldier’s name, unit, the application number, the certificate number and the state from which the soldier served. In some cases, the soldier’s rank, terms of service, date of death and place of death are given. The index cards refer to pension applications of veterans who served in the U.S. Army between 1861 and 1917. The majority of the records pertain to Civil War veterans, but they also include veterans of the Spanish-American War, the Philippine Insurrection, Indian wars, and World War I.
- The Civil War in Meeker County, Minnesota
- World War I Records
- World War II Records
- Korean War Casualty List
- Vietnam War Casualty List
Minnesota Native American Records
- Minnesota Indian Tribes
- Minnesota Indian Reservations
- Minnesota Indian Agencies and Schools
- Indian Villages, Towns and Settlements of Minnesota
- Michigan, Minnesota, and Mississippi Indians Wounded in Action
- Minnesota Land Patents ~ Chippewa
- Indians in Meeker County, Minnesota
- 1889 Mdewakanton Sioux Census
- Current Federally Recognized Indian Tribes by State
- List of Federally Non-Recognized Tribes
- State Recognized Tribes
Minnesota Vital Records
- Minnesota Will Records 1849-1918 This collection is sponsored by the Minnesota Historical Society State Archives, the National Association of Government Archivists and Records Administrations, and FamilySearch. Name indexes of the Probate Court will books for the counties of the state and territory of Minnesota. Some testators who resided outside of Minnesota recorded their wills in these Probate Courts. Four Minnesota counties are not in this collection: Hennepin, Marshall, St. Louis, and Wadena. Currently, data is only available for the following counties: Brown, Dakota, Freeborn, and Ramsey.