Seth Town came to Elmore, from Barre, Vt., in 1823, and located near road 10, upon the farm now owned by Luther Ward. He resided here until about 1840, when he removed to the farm owned by C. S. Parker, on road 16. He served his townsmen in several official capacities, and died March 23, 1860. His wife, Susan Sherman, died January 14, 1870. Their only child, Eliza, is the wife of C. S. Parker.