Elmore Vermont

Biographical Sketch of Dow Grant

Dow Grant settled in Elmore as early as 1812, locating a little south of the center of the town, upon the farm now owned by Henry Vizant. Here he resided until his death, and reared a family of four sons and three daughters.

Biographical Sketch of Edwin Hill

Edwin Hill, from East Montpelier, came to Elmore in 1826, and located upon the farm now owned by his son, R. G. Hill, on road 23. He resided here until his death, in 1874. His widow is still living, aged eighty-two years. Two of their three children are living, R. G. and J. T.

Civil War Soldiers from Elmore, Lamoille County, Vermont

During the late civil war Elmore furnished sixty-four soldiers as follows: Stephen C. Albee David P. Barnes Jos. Bashaw Henry J. Bagley John P. Bedell Wm. Biscomer, May 20,’64, died of wounds Lewis Belville, deserted, Jan. 1,’63 Albert J. Biddell, prisoner June 23,’64 Clesson Cameron Lyman L. Camp Charles Carter, deserted Dec. 18, ’62 W. …

Civil War Soldiers from Elmore, Lamoille County, Vermont Read More »

History of Elmore, Lamoille County, Vermont

ELMORE, located in the southeastern part of the county, in lat. 44° 29′, and long. 4° 29′, is bounded northeasterly by Wolcott, southeasterly by Woodbury, southwesterly by Worcester, and northwesterly by Morristown, thus lying seventeen miles north from Montpelier, and thirty-three east from Burlington. The township contains an area of 23,040 acres, granted by the …

History of Elmore, Lamoille County, Vermont Read More »

Biographical Sketch of Stephen B. Hatch

Stephen B. Hatch, from Hartland, Vt., came to Elmore in 1826, and located in the western part of the town, where he has since resided. He married Anna Cobb, and has reared a family of thirteen children, six of whom are living.

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top