Koch, George D.; furniture business; born, Wurtenberg, Germany, Dec. 23, 1850; brought to the United States at the age of three and one-half years; studied in Cleveland public schools until 13 years of age; married, Cleveland, Dec. 1, 1875, Bertha Berno; issue, George B., Charles C., Math and Estelle; learned finishing and polishing in the furniture store of J. Vincent; in 1872, when 21 years old, formed partnership with Mr. M. Fleming, under the name of Fleming & Koch, cor. Penn. and Lorain Aves.; in 1873, opened branch store on Detroit St., under the management of Wm. Toni, who entered as partner; firm name changed to Fleming, Koch & Co.; in 1875, firm was dissolved, and he bought the interest of Mr. Puls, with Mr. Franz Henke, and the firm became Kock & Henke; in 1892, F. H. Henke retired, and his interest was taken by his son, Henry August Henke; in 1910, fire destroyed the store, and he withdrew from the firm and located his business at 10300 Euclid Ave., with his son, George B. Koch, under the name of George D. Koch & Co.; member Elks, Cleveland Grays, Chamber of Commerce, Chamber of Industry; Christian Scientist.