Dr. Arthur Leslie Gregory, engaged in the general practice of medicine at Muskogee but largely specializing in surgery, was born in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, July 24, 1877, his parents being Benjamin and Amy (Muehler) Gregory. The father was a merchant and gave to his son excellent educational opportunities. The latter attended the Wyoming Seminary at Kingston, Pennsylvania, from which he was graduated with the class of 1893. He afterward determined upon the practice of medicine as a life work and entered the College of Physicians and Surgeons at St. Louis, Missouri, in which he completed a course with the class of 1900. He also attended the Medico-Chirurgical College at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and finished his studies there by graduation in 1902. He entered upon general practice at Plymouth, Pennsylvania, where he remained for a year, but the growing west attracted him and Muskogee claimed him as a citizen in 1902. Here he opened an office for general practice, in which he has continued and while he displays ability in all branches of the profession he largely concentrates his efforts and attention upon surgery. He has developed skill in this particular to a high point of efficiency and his patronage has become very extensive. He belongs to the Muskogee County and the Oklahoma State Medical Societies, the South-western Medical Association and the American Medical Association and the work of these various bodies keeps him in touch with the onward trend of professional thought and progress.
On the 10th of September, 1902, Dr. Gregory was married to Miss Elizabeth Prichard, a native of Pennsylvania, and they have become parents of three children: Helen Lillian, Herbert and Frances May. Dr. Gregory is a Mason, having attained the thirty-second degree of the Scottish Rite in the consistory, while with the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine he has crossed the sands of the desert. He is likewise connected with the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks and with the Knights of Pythias. Both he and his wife have membership in St. Paul’s Methodist Episcopal Church. They are interested in all of those activities and agencies which make for higher ideals of manhood and citizenship and they cooperate in all plans for the benefit of the individual and the up-building of the community at large.