(III) Peter, son of Abram and Catharine (Cook) Garlock (q. v.), was one of nine children and was born in Phelps, Ontario county, New York, October 6, 1832, died February 17, 1904. Twenty-seven years of his life were spent in Arcadia, New York, and he then made his permanent and final home in Phelps. In 1863 he commenced the distilling of cider brandy and peppermint oil, about two and one-half miles southwest of Newark, New York, continuing this plant for the distilling of cider brandy until about 1893, when he discontinued. In 1879 he built a cider mill in Phelps, New York, and in 1885 he added to the plant and put in new and improved machinery. The plant then had a capacity of three thousand barrels of cider annually, and this was constantly being increased as the demand for the excellent product became more extended. In 1890 he admitted his son Charles H. to a partnership in the business, under the firm name of P. Garlock & Son. Mr. Garlock married (first), in 1857, Maria Van De Vort, of Phelps, who died in 1886. Children: Ellen, married O. M. Lincoln; Abram, Thomas, Charles H., Kate, Alfred and Jessie M. He married (second) Cecelia Smith, of Rochester, New York; children: Arthur and Grace.