The Andrew A. and Abraham Fisk houses and places were next to and adjoining the Garland place, where now stands the Copper and Gold hotel. They were small houses, painted red as the writer remembers them in boyhood. The Fisks were shoemakers, if the writer’s memory is correct.
Andrew and Abraham Fisk were brothers, but where and when they were born or whence they came to this town there is no date in possession of the writer, or when their houses were built, although they were standing in the earliest recollections of the writer. Andrew Fisk married March 12, 1827, Almira, daughter of Freeman and Thankful Hardin; she was born Nov. 15, 1802. Their children were:
- George Washington Fisk, born Sept. 7, 1827; resided in Ellsworth.
- Andrew Jackson Fisk, born Nov. 12, 1828; resided in Boston.
- Benjamin Franklin Fisk, born Jan. 30, 1830.
- Frederick Lorenzo Fisk, born March 10, 1833.
- James Madison Fisk, born Sept. 24, 1834.
- Rodney Fisk, born Sept. 9, 1836.
- Helen Adelpha Fisk, born Nov. 15, 1838; died Oct. 10, 1839.
- Almira Rebecca Fisk, born April 15, 1840; died Aug. 28, 1841.
- Mary Jane Fisk, born Oct. 13, 1842.
- John Freeman Fisk, born May 10, 1847.
Mr. Fisk married Sarah B. Milliken for a second wife, by whom he had:
- Abby Frances Fisk, born April 1859.
- Abraham Allen Fisk, born April 15, 1861; died Sept. 27, 1865.
- A son, born Jan. 16, 1870.
- A child, born May 1872.
Mr. Fisk, father of this family, died in 1882.
Abraham Fisk married Sarah E. Johnson, of Hampden, Sept. 13, 1834, which may indicate that he came from that town to Blue Hill. By that marriage there were four children born to them on the following dates: Dec. 31, 1835; Feb. 28, 1839; Dec. 17, 1840, and May 24, 1846, but no names for them are entered in the town records. When or where Mr. and Mrs. Fisk died, or when they left the town there is no record.