W. H. SARVER, son of Henry and Mary 0. (Rice) Sarver, was born in Sumner County, Tenn., near Gallatin, March 1, 1835. His father was a native of North Carolina and of German-Scotch descent. His mother was a native of Tennessee and of Scotch origin. His father was educated at the pioneer schools of his day. In early life, by his own natural abilities, he became a skillful millwright and followed this calling in connection with farming. During his life he owned several mills; at one time two mills, a carding machine and pottery, doing an extensive business. He was a member of the Masonic order, the lodge meeting at his house for a number of years. Both Mr. and Mrs. Sarver were devoted members of the Methodist Episcopal Church South. He was one of the noted campers at Fountain Head camp-meeting ground. W. H. Sarver received an excellent education in his native State and graduated at the University of Medicine at Nashville, Tenn., in 1856. He began the practice of his profession in Logan County, Ky., in 1856, and remained there until 1871; from there he went to Montgomery County, Tenn., remained some six years and then removed to Sharon Grove in Todd County, Ky., where he now resides, and practices his profession, in which he is very successful. He is also largely engaged in tobacco and live stock. He was married August 6, 1857, to Miss Fannie S., daughter of William F. Gaines, and a native of Tennessee. Six children bless their union-two sons and four daughters-all of whom are living. The Doctor is a member of the Blue Lodge, A. F. & A. M., No. 177, at Adairville, Logan Co., Ky. Both Mr. and Mrs. Sarver are devoted members of the Christian Church. He is a Democrat in politics and one of the leading citizens and prominent physicians of the county.