This book is an index of Mennonite estates in Imperial Russia – the time period from 1813 to about 1920. It does not explain all the intricacies of the development of each of the estates; it does not decry or defend them. By this time it is a study of something which has disappeared almost a century ago. Some have decrepit buildings remaining, but of many estates there is now nothing left except open fields. Despite these circumstances it is hoped that this index can help people in the study of something which seems to be increasingly significant to many – a search for their roots.
When the 175th Anniversary celebration of St. John’s Church was first planned for the Fall of 1945 it was thought desirable that at last a permanent record be made of the great adventure which is her history. Booklets had been printed at odd times such as the occasion of the 150th anniversary in 1920, in …
A list of the members of the Sardinia, Erie County, N. Y., Baptist Church. It was the first Baptist Church organised in this section. It was 20 miles to the nearest church of that denomination at the tine it was organised. Contains names of members, those dismissed, excluded, restored, and dropped, as well as those who died or were baptized.
Notes About the Book Some of the text contains cut-off text due to torn page. Tight binding. Some printed page numbers were cut-off due to very tight margin. No Index.
Rev. Daniel Hertz was born in Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, on April 23, 1796. In 1822 he began his pastoral work. During the period of 1822 to 1868 he served in the following German Reformed congregations : New Holland Muddy Creek Bethany, Ephrata Zion Kissel Hill Hellers Seldenrich Center He died on September 22, 1868, …
Reformed Church History in this country has long been a subject of study. It is interesting to note that the first printed history of the Reformed Church in the United States was published not in America but in Germany. In the year 1846, the Rev. Dr. J. G. Buettner, the first pro-fessor of the first …
You may be surprised, at first, by how much space is given to the history of Enfield’s Polish community in general. St. Adalbert’s was a product of that community. What happened in the community affected the parish, and what took place in the parish often had an impact on the community. The story of St. Adalbert’s, then, could only be properly told within the larger story of the people it was established to serve.
Nearly a century of St. Stephens church history is documented in this book. It includes chapters on Hungarian traditions, history of clubs and societies, church art, church events and biographies. Also included are twelve detailed appendices.
History of the Holy Rosary Church activities from 1946-1948 are documented in this book. Includes list of contributors to the purchase of bells.
The growth and history of Holy Rosary Church in Toledo Ohio, from its organization in 1901 until 1944, are documented in this book.
The contents of the book on the records of First Church in Falmouth Maine were gleaned for and first appeared in the historical and genealogical columns of the Portland Evening Express. It contains a brief history of the church, followed by a list of its members from 1727 through 1855, a register of marriages from 1750 through 1853, and an alphabetical list of baptisms, presumably from the organization of the church. The appendix, comprising exactly half of the book, is made up of historical information, both ecclesiastical and secular, relating to Falmouth and its vicinity.
The Vestry Book and Register of Bristol Parish, Virginia, 1720-1789 includes a register of births, baptisms and deaths, the earliest and latest recorded dates of which are April 12, 1685, and March 9, 1798. The compiler has wisely reproduced the original manuscript with “all eccentricities of abbreviation and punctuation, as well as all mistakes.” A carefully prepared index greatly adds to the usefulness of the work.
This book contains much valuable genealogical data from local church records and cemeteries, and brief accounts of the following families : — Allen, Averill, Barnes, Bassett, Booth, Bradley, Bray, Canfield, Downs, Edmonds, French, Gilbert, Guthrie, Hann, Hayes, Hendryx, Hill, Mitchell, Pierce, Piatt, Post, Russell, Skeels, Stoddard, Tuttle, Wagner, Wakeley, Ward and Warner.
This manuscript contains an historical sketch of the old county of Stafford Virginia and the parish of Overwharton. It also contains a full transcription of the Overwharton Parish Register for the years of 1720-1760.
Clayhill Church is off County Road 5511 in Brundidge, Pike County, Alabama. These images are digital representations of their complete church register covering the years of 1887-1939. This is a valuable source of genealogical information for those who comprised the membership of this church. It’s also a great complement to any transcription of it’s cemetery as it may include information on the unreadable headstones, and those who have no headstones. Included within this register are birth, baptism, death, burial and membership information. Unfortunately there was no marriage information recorded.
Provides records for the Upper Otorara Presbyterian Church in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Many early members are mentioned by names. Includes many drawings of the church, as well as the history of the church. Includes transcriptions of both cemeteries for the church.
The following collection of material reflects 250 churches of the Methodist faith which have closed their doors since 1824 in southern and central Illinois. This region makes up the Illinois Great Rivers United Methodist Conference. While the vast majority of the information relates to membership rolls and registers of officials, many of the churches also kept vital records of their members. Ancestry claims that “Baptism records are available until 1914, and Marriage records are available until 1970.” In fact I found baptism records which occurred after 1914, however, they’re not indexed. They appear in the records on the images only.
The records from the register at Michilimackinac are here provided as they were translated by Edward O. Brown back in 1889. His translation came from a transcript of the original, which latter is kept in the parish church of Ste. Anne, at Mackinac. Annotated throughout are Mr. Brown’s biographical knowledge of the events of Michilimackinac and the people within. Don’t pass over the footnotes for the record, you may find a biographical reference hidden there!
736 Byfield Massachusetts parish records recorded by a Rev. Hale from 1709-1743. These baptisms may include residents from Newbury, Rowley and Georgetown. The first pastor of the church in the parish was Rev. Moses Hale, who died Jan.16, 1743-4. The following are all the records of baptisms in the parish from the founding of the church to the time of Mr. Hale’s decease.
Hannah, dau. of John Homes, Jan. 21. Samuell, son of Isaac Adams, Feb. 18. Mehitabel, dau. of John Haseltyne, Feb. 25, 1710-1. Sarah, dau. of Samuel Goodridge, Mar. 4, 1711. Mary and Jemima Boynton, daughters of Joshua Boynton, jr., Apr. 1, 1711. Thomas, son of Jno. Dresser, May 6. Rebecca, dau. of Stephen Thurston, June …