|Title:||The History of St. Stephen’s Church (1890’s to mid 1980’s)|
|Author:||Szuch, Yolanda Danyi|
|Contributor:||Toledo Lucas County Public Library|
Nearly a century of St. Stephens church history is documented in this book. It includes chapters on Hungarian traditions, history of clubs and societies, church art, church events and biographies. Also included are twelve detailed appendices.
Yolanda Szuch gathered information for this manuscript in 1984, and gave two presentations at the Birmingham Cultural Center, on February 25, 1985 and November 18, 1986. On March 24, 1986, she gave a new presentation to the Birmingham Cultural Center titled, “A Church’s Response to the Preservation of Ethnic Heritage: St. Stephen’s Hungarian Religious Traditions.”
Information from these presentations were incorporated into this manuscript. A few additions were added in 1987, due to her reading of the Cleveland Diocesan Parish Reports.