Tracing ancestors in Lowell, Massachusetts online and for free has been greatly enhanced by the University of Massachusetts in Lowell which provided digitized version of a large quantity of the Lowell public records. Combined with the cemetery and census records available freely online, you should be able to easily trace your ancestors from the founding of Lowell in 1826 through 1940, the last year of available census records. To add color to the otherwise basic facts of your ancestors existence we provide free access to a wide range of manuscripts on the history of Lowell, it’s manufactures and residents.
Resident and business directory of Middleboro’ and Lakeville, Massachusetts, for 1899. Containing a complete resident, street and business directory, town officers, schools, societies, churches, post offices, notable events in American history, etc. Compiled and published by A. E. Foss & Co., Needham, Massachusetts. The following is an example of what you will find within the images of the directory: Sheedy John, laborer, bds. J. G. Norris’, 35 West Sheehan John B., grocery and variety store, 38 West, h. do. Sheehan Lizzie O., bds. T. B. Sheehan’s, 16 East Main Sheehan Lucy G. B., bds. T. B. Sheehan’s, 16 East Main
Private., Inf., 30th Co., Recruiting Div. Born Nov. 1, 1895; son of Wm. D. and Martha Flynn; of Pittsylvania County. Entered service Sept. 1, 1918, at Winston-Salem, N.C. Sent to Ft. Thomas. Mustered out at Ft. Thomas, Dec. 15, 1918.
Another pioneer has been laid away beneath the sod, W. S. Rogers died Thursday, February 9th at 4 o’clock a.m. after a lingering illness covering a period of 15 years. The funeral took place from the Baptist Church, Sunday at 11 a.m., the funeral eulogy being delivered by Reverend M. H. Yager, Pastor. Mr. Rogers was born in Alabama, September 7th, 1840. From his native state he moved to Texas and lived there several years prior to moving to this valley in 1886. He settled on a claim on the Nanum which he sold 10 years ago and moved to
Mrs. Maggie C. Flynn, 85, a resident of the West Side and widow of J.C. Flynn, pioneer shoe store operator in Ellensburg, died early this morning in Valley General Hospital. She had lived at the “Flynn Orchards” on Route 1 for more than 40 years. The elderly woman fell two weeks ago Saturday when arising in the morning. She sprained her ankle and was unable to stand. She lay for two days in a cold house before she was found by the rural mail carrier, Willie Rentz. Mrs. Flynn is survived by two daughters, including Mrs. Margaret Griffith of Wapato,
Fort Shaw Industrial Indian Boarding School opened in 1891 in Montana. It was discontinued 30 June 1910, due to declining enrollment. In 1904, it had a famous girls’ basketball team that barnstormed its way to St. Louis playing basketball and performing, and won the “World Championship” at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair. This census was requested by the Department of the Interior for a listing of all the Indians enrolled at Fort Shaw Indian School for June 1910 in answer to Circular #448. Key to Relation Father – F Mother – M Sister – S Brother – B Aunt
Compiled military service records for 1,235 Rough Riders, including Teddy Roosevelt have been digitized. The records include individual jackets which give the name, organization, and rank of each soldier. They contain cards on which information from original records relating to the military service of the individual has been copied. Included in the main jacket are carded medical records, other documents which give personal information, and the description of the record from which the information was obtained.
The excise department of the state of New York is ably represented in Ontario county by Francis Flynn, of Geneva county, a sturdy and progressive Irish-American, who has served the public in various responsible capacities and won the confidence of his fellow-citizens by his integrity and strict attention to duty. The Flynns are of ancient and honorable lineage, and the founder in America of the family now (1910) in hand was Francis Flynn, who was born in the parish of Fanith. Ireland, March 22, 1815. Emigrating to the United States in 1835 he readily adapted himself to the new conditions
Francis (2), son of Francis (1) and Bridget (Scollin) Flynn, was born in Auburn, July 13, 1856. He attended the Auburn public schools, and securing a position as a store clerk at the age of fourteen, he was engaged in mercantile pursuits for about six years. In 1881 he went to Buffalo, New York, where he served an apprenticeship of three years at the ironmoulder’s trade, and in 1884 he found employment as a journeyman in Shortsville, this county. With the exception of one year (1887), which he spent in Kansas City, Missouri, he has ever since resided in Ontario
Daniel P. Flynn was born and raised in San Mateo County, and has spent his busy and useful life in activities which have had the county of his birth for a setting. His recent appointment, on February 7, 1916 to fill the unexpired term of C. D. Hayward (deceased), the former County Assessor, was a signal mark of recognition of the ability which has characterized all his business career. Mr. Flynn was born in Redwood City on November 23, 1875. He attended the public schools of this city, and later embarked in a business career, in which he has successfully