W. E. Drury, of the firm of Drury & Lewis, attorneys at law, and of the firm of Drury & Ashley, bankers, is a native of Erie County, Penn. At the age of eight years he came with his parents to Michigan. At the breaking out of the war, he enlisted in Company G, Ninety-sixth Illinois Infantry; served about one year; was discharged on account of physical disability. He re-enlisted in the Ninth Illinois Cavalry; served till November 1865, then returned to Chicago, and in the spring of 1866, came to Decatur and homesteaded 160 acres of land and improved it. He was elected County Superintendent and held that position four years. During this time he took up the study of law; was admitted to the bar in the spring of 1879, and has been actively engaged in this profession since. They established their bank in February 1879.