John P. Anderson, farmer, Section 30, P. O. Oakland, is a native of Sweden; in 1857, came to Moline, Ill.; afterward removed to Richland Grove; in 1861, came to Rock Island; there married Miss Matilda Shenstrom, who was born in Sweden; came with her parents to Illinois when a child of two years; they have two children–one son and one daughter. In the spring of 1866, they came to Menona County, Iowa; in June, 1866, they removed to Nebraska and located on the farm, consisting of 160 acres; they boarded with John Oak while he was erecting a cabin, which was the first cabin built north of Oakland, except one built by Josiah Everett a short time before. He drew up a petition giving this precinct the name of Oakland, which was presented to the County Commissioners, and by them approved and adopted. He was one of four who first came to this precinct, except John Oak, who had been here about four months before. In the summer of 1867, the post office was established in Oakland; John Oak was appointed Postmaster, and Mr. Anderson was his assistant. This farm has now a grove of about twelve acres northwest of his house, about three hundred apple trees south of his house, with about a mile of shade trees planted round his farm, which is now one of the most desirable farms in this locality. Mr. Anderson has always taken an active part in the educational interests in his locality.