Hon. W. Lyon, firm of W. Lyon & Sons, proprietors of Lyon’s Mills, was born in Vermont; raised in Connecticut. In 1843, came to Dodge County, Wis.; in the fall of 1865, came to Omaha; opened a general store, continued about one year. He then removed to Arizona Precinct, Burt County, where he was engaged in merchandising and ran a sawmill. In 1869, came to Lyons. The following year he built this mill. They own over 1,200 acres of land. He formerly owned the land where Lyons now stands. He was a member of the State Senate; also a member of the first State Constitutional Convention.