D. A. Lewis, M. D., Albion, has resided at Albion since 1875, engaged in the practice of medicine. Soon after he arrived he opened a drug store at Albion, and, in 1877, he took his brother, J. T. Lewis, into the store as partner. They continued in business, enjoying a large trade three years. When both were taken sick, his brother dying, he sold out the business, and since that time has devoted himself exclusively to the practice of medicine. He graduated at Keokuk, Iowa, and is the first physician that settled in Boone County. He is one of the prominent leaders of the Republican party at Boone County. He was a delegate from Nebraska to the Chicago Convention in 1880, being an outspoken supporter of Blaine. He is a member of Albion Lodge, No. 78, A., F. & A. M. He is of Welsh descent. Was born in Kenosha, Wis., in October, 1847, living there, and at New Lisbon, Wis., until he moved to Albion. He was married at Albion February 15, 1882, to Miss Sadie Thompson.