Charles R. Dakin, dealer in furniture and agricultural implements, is a native of Concord, Mass. In 1833, he came to Geneva, N. Y.; in 1835, removed to Cleveland, Ohio; clerked in a store, and carried on business about four years. In the fall of 1839, he came to Waukesha County, Wis., and carried on a general store there and in Milwaukee; he closed his Milwaukee store, after running it about eighteen months; continued in business in Waukesha till 1863, when he came to Decatur and opened a farm which he improved, In 1875, he engaged in banking, continued about two years, then sold out to a stock company. He owns 120 acres of land, which is well improved, where he has resided for the past nine years. He has been Treasurer and member of the school board.