Andrew Struthers, farmer, Section 14, P. O. Alder Grove, was born near Montreal, Can.; in 1863, came to Chicago; in 1864, removed to Iowa; was employed in building bridges for the C., P.& N. R. R., after known as the S. S. & P. R. R. In 1865, he enlisted in Company H, Twelfth Iowa Infantry; served to the end of the war. He then returned and resumed bridge building; continued till 1868, when he came to Burt County, Neb. He owns 240 acres of land, and leases 320 for pasture and hay. He is feeding about fifty head of cattle and about 150 hogs, and requires from four to five teams to work his farm. He was appointed Postmaster in the spring of 1878; still holds this office.