DR. W. D. MERIWETHER was born April 21, 1854, in Arkansas; he is a son of Dr. James H. and Lucy (McClure) Meriwether. The father was born in Todd County in 1812, and is now living with his son on this farm. The mother was born in Clarksville, Tenn., in 1830, now deceased. At the close of the war our subject came to what is known as the Meriville farm, originally consisting of 900 acres, which has since been increased to 1,300 acres. The extensive improvements of this farm, which are probably the best in the precinct, were placed there principally by his uncles, Dr. Charles Meriwether and W. D. Meriwether, Sr. They cost several thousand dollars. This property was willed him by his uncle, who named it the ” Meriville farm.” In 1874 and 1875 our subject attended the University of Virginia, and graduated at the University of Pennsylvania in the class of 1876; he, after graduation, practiced at Jefferson County, Ala., one year, then came to where he now resides and practiced about a year, since which time he has been engaged in superintending his farm. His marriage occurred January 10, 1883, to Miss May Barker, of Arkansas, but raised in Tennessee.