DR. E. P. RUSSELL. This gentleman, who is a prominent physician of Elkton, is a son of John M. Russell and Sallie (Porter) Russell, an old and respected family of Todd County, where both parents died, the father in October, 1860, and the mother a few years prior. The Doctor was born in this county September 21, 1843, and here spent most of his boyhood days. .He attended for some time the Cottage Home College of Logan County. After the breaking out of the war, in the year 1861, he entered the Confederate Army as Lieutenant of a company, which was subsequently placed in the Second Kentucky Cavalry. He was enlisted for one year, but served until September, 1863, when disability rendered his resignation necessary. Returning home, he read physics under Drs. McReynolds for a time, then entered the Jefferson Medical College of Philadelphia, from which he graduated in 1866. After a short residence in Decatur, Ill., he located in Elkton in 1867, which has been the scene of his labors since, and where he enjoys a handsome practice. In February 1867, he married Miss Jennie, daughter of Dr. James A. McReynolds. She too, is a native of Todd County, is descended from Scotch ancestors, as is also the Russell family. Her parents were among the early permanent settlers of this county, and are now deceased. Dr. Russell is a member of the Masonic fraternity, and both he and his wife are members of the Christian Church. Their children, two in number, are Sue and John Russell.