GEORGE R. RUSSELL, son of Jesse and Huldah (Standard) Russell, is a native of Elkton, where he has spent his life thus far. His father came to Todd County, when the site of Elkton was a brushwood; and for the many years, until his death, which occurred in August, 1883, was a prominent factor in the history of the county and especially so of Elkton. When quite young he married Miss Huldah Standard, who was a native of the county, and who at the time of marriage was but fourteen years old. She was the mother of four sons, and died in Elkton, in the year 1867. George R., in early life, learned the trade of brickmason, under his father, which has been his life employment and with which he has combined agriculture. He is now engaged in the manufacture of pressed brick, and superintends his farm, which consists of 480 acres of land near the town of Elkton, 100 acres of which are now planted in orchard trees. He is also associated with John Wilkins in the grocery business, on the west side of the public square. Mr. Russell was married near the city of Hopkinsville, Ky., December 22, 1862, to Miss Emily K. Elliott, a native of Christian County, and daughter of Rezin Elliott, and early settler and highly respected citizen of that county. Mr. Russell and wife are members of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, and have a family of three children: Jesse R., Lula B, and Charles B. Russell. The family residence is on Clarksville Street, Elkton.