M.L. Flinn, of the firm of Flinn & Lessenich, proprietors of the Central Meat market, (business was established in 1881), was born in Woodstock, Ill., in 1852; moved to Chicago, where he lived eight years, and came to this city in 1868. He was chief clerk in the St. P.R.R. shops for nine years, and worked three years on the S.C.&P.R.R. He married Mary M. Wilkins, and has three children-Grace M., Frank M. and an infant.