D. H. Dillon, merchant, P. O. North Branch, was born in Keokuk County, Iowa, October 12, 1846. Enlisted in the United States army, in Company A, Forty-eighth Iowa Volunteer Infantry. Came to Jewell County, Kan., in 1873, and took a homestead ten miles northwest of Burr Oak, in Walnut Township. In the spring of 1878 Mr. Dillon established himself in business, carrying a general stock of goods. He built a building in 1882, 22×40 feet, and has the same well filled with goods. He was appointed postmaster in May 1878, and named the office North Branch. With Malen Lamb, he has laid out a town, which they called after the post office. He was married in Warren County, Iowa, April 30, 1866, to Miss Emma Folger.