Justus Todd6, (Asa5, Gershom4, Gershom3, Michael2, Christopher1) born June 24, 1785, died Feb. 27, 1862, at Ellington, N. Y., married first, April 8, 1807, Cyrene, daughter of Isaac and Mary (Studley) Damon, of Chesterfield, Mass., who was born Oct. 2, 1787, died June 30, 1825. He married second, Mrs. Jemima (Hayden) Shaw, daughter of Caleb and Jemima (Damon) Hayden, she being a cousin to his first wife. She died in 1853, at Ellington, N. Y.
Soon after his second marriage they removed to New York Sate, first to Cattaraugus County, thence a little later to Ellington, Chautauqua County, N. Y. He was a Universalist minister which did not please his father at all. It is supposed that this fact may have been partly the cause of his removal to New York State in 1831.
Children by Cyrene Damon:
942. Asa, b. March 23, 1808, d. Aug. 6, 1818.
*943. Iru Studley, b. Oct. 23, 1809.
*944. Electa, b. Nov. 9, 1812.
*945. Lucy, b. March 17, 1815.
946. Levi Solomon, b. July 11, 1816, d. Nov. 12, 1820.
947. Rufus, b. Aug. 8, 1818, d. Jan. 27, 1819.
*948. Laura, b. Sept. 29, 1819.
949. Cyrene, b. Aug. 11, 1823, m. Frank Damon; no children, d. in New York State.
Children by Jemima Hayden:
950. Parthenia, d. young.
951. Alonzo, b. Feb. 3, 1828, d. Nov. 11, 1851, of Typhoid Fever.
952. Ellen, b. 1831, d. infant during the journey to New York State, the journey having been made by the way of the Erie Canal, and was buried somewhere on the way by the side of it.
953. Mariett Abigail, b. Feb. 21, 1834, d. June 17, 1913, m.(???)Kelley, no children. She was buried at Ellington, N. Y., by the side of or near her parents.