George W. Bailey, from Berlin, Vt., came to Elmore February 6, 1821, and located upon the farm now occupied by P. C. Darling, on road 4. Here he resided for a few years, then removed to the farm now owned by his son-in-law, A. M. Kelley, on road 15. Mr. Bailey held most of the town offices, was a representative two terms, was twice elected to the State senate, and was sheriff two years. He was married to Rebecca Warren, December 21, 1820, the union being blessed with a family of ten children, three of whom are now living, one in this town. His life was brought to a close August 19, 1868. His widow still survives him, aged eighty years.