The series contains original affidavits of registration that record personal information about each registrant, their photograph affixed to the majority of documents, and the registrants fingerprints. All of these are specific to Kansas, and most have the actual documents attached.
The Lincoln County New Mexico online archives contains pdf’s of all remaining copies of the El Farol Newspaper of Capitan NM, but doesn’t have an index to the newspaper. C. W. Barnum, an active member of AHGP, and state coordinator for the New Mexico AHGP recently invested his time and energy into providing an every person index to the various extant issues. He has shared this wonderful index with AccessGenealogy in hopes that it will reach a wider audience. Enjoy!
History of Kossuth, Hancock, and Winnebago Counties, Iowa together with sketches of their cities, villages and townships, educational, civil, military and political history; portraits of prominent persons, and 641 biographies of representative citizens. Also included is a history of Iowa embracing accounts of the pre-historic races, and a brief review of its civil and military history.
Philadelphia has been justly noted for its many charitable and benevolent institutions. Among these the “Orphans’ Home and Asylum for the Aged and Infirm of the Evangelical Lutheran Church at Germantown” holds a conspicuous place. When so many children were made orphans during the late war, this institution was among the first to open its doors for these soldiers’ orphans, and 98 were admitted up to the time when the State provided homes for them. Including with these reports are names and ages of the orphans who were present during the year.
P. G. Schneider, vice president and general manager of the Pacific Car & Equipment Co., which has one of the largest plants of the South San Francisco Industrial district, is a native of California, having been born in San Francisco forty-five years ago. He was educated in the San Francisco schools and started the business career which launched him into his present position of prominence in South San Francisco. As general manager of the Pacific Car & Equipment Company, Mr. Schneider has built up one of the largest and best equipped industrial plants in the county. The big orders and
George Schneider, one of the wholesale liquor merchants of Racine, was born February 18, 1869, in the city in which he still lives, his parents being Henry and Charlotte (Beyer) Schneider, both of whom were natives of Germany. The father crossed the Atlantic to Canada when a youth of thirteen years and soon afterward came to the United States, making his way to Racine where he continued to reside until called to his final rest in 1889. During the period of his residence in this city he engaged in the grocery business and was well known as one of the
Anton Schneider, a respected citizen of Hawkinsville, was a native of Prussia, born October 1, 1825. In youth he was apprenticed to a cabinet-maker and four years were consumed in learning the trade. In that country it was necessary that a mechanic should travel throughout the provinces before he became a master mechanic. He traveled through Germany. When war broke out in Baden he joined the forces of the revolutionists known as the forty-niners. After the defeat of his party, they were exiled from Germany. Mr. Schneider was given passage from Barma in Switzerland of Havre de Grace to New
Charles H. Schneider is one of the veterans of the Rock Island Railway System, in whose employed he had remained continuously for over thirtyfive years. His post of responsibility for a long time had been as storekeeper for the Rock Island lines west of the Missouri River. His headquarters and offices are at Horton. When it is stated that Mr. Schneider had the supervision of furnishing supplies to 2,500 miles of this railroad, the importance of his department and its volume of administrative detail can be better appreciated. Detailed administrative work had been Mr. Sehneider’s strong forte and though he began as
Schneider, Gustave; plumber and heating contractor; born, Cleveland, Dec. 29, 1862; son of J. A. and Helen Rolf Schneider; educated, Cleveland public schools; married, Cleveland, 1892, Luella J. Moore; one daughter; engaged in the plumbing business on Prospect St., near Huron Rd., under the name of Schneider Bros.; later moved to Euclid Ave., near 20th St., and organized The Schneider Plumbing Co.; will move soon to Euclid Ave. and 46th St.; pres. The Schneider Plumbing Co.; member Chamber of Commerce, Builders Exchange, Master Plumbers Ass’n, Athletic, and Rotary Clubs; recreations: Automobiling and Fishing.
Schneider, George A.; sec’y and mgr. Athletic Club; born, Cleveland, May 24, 1874; son of Mathias and Elizabeth (Wiltgen) Schneider; educated, High school and Business College; married, Cleveland, April, 1896, Margaret H. Smith; one son, George H., eight years; cashier U. S. Life Insurance Co.; two years editor American Sportsman, four years general newspaper work, sec’y Cleveland Athletic Club, May 1, 1908; sec’y and mgr., since November, 1911; sec’y fiscal trustees, Maternity Hospital; member Tyrian Lodge, F. & A. M., and Cleveland Chapter, R. A. M.; member Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club; vice pres. Amateur Athletic Union of the U.