In the following information all the names, dates and other essential particulars which appear in the returns to the Court in the County of Worcester during the entire period – a full half-century, from 1737 to 1788 – in which these entries were made, are given. The returns from each place have been brought together and arranged under the name of the town or district, in this case Charlton Massachusetts.
From 1890-1903, the Dedham Historical Society in Dedham Massachusetts printed a quarterly pamphlet for it’s historical society called the “Dedham Historical Register.” In this pamphlet a variety of genealogical data was published on families of Dedham and the villages emanating from the early residents of Dedham, such as Dorchester, Franklin, Medfield, Medway, Needham, and Sharon, etc.
Resident and business directory of Middleboro’ and Lakeville, Massachusetts, for 1899. Containing a complete resident, street and business directory, town officers, schools, societies, churches, post offices, notable events in American history, etc. Compiled and published by A. E. Foss & Co., Needham, Massachusetts. The following is an example of what you will find within the images of the directory: Sheedy John, laborer, bds. J. G. Norris’, 35 West Sheehan John B., grocery and variety store, 38 West, h. do. Sheehan Lizzie O., bds. T. B. Sheehan’s, 16 East Main Sheehan Lucy G. B., bds. T. B. Sheehan’s, 16 East Main
Pond, Daniel H.; pres. and gen. mgr. Economy Bldg. & Loan Co.; born, Petroleum Center, Pa., March 11, 1870; son of Henry Herbert and Maria M. (Gates) Pond; educated, district schools of Trumbull County, public schools Cleveland, and Allegheny College; married, May 17, 1891, Miss Ola Clark; one son, Ralph; worked one year in a factory in Painesville, O.; came to Cleveland and worked for The Cleveland Baking Co., as driver; later purchasing agt. one year; served one enlistment 7th U. S. Cavalry; messenger for the Adams Express Co.; then entered the real estate and insurance business and in 1894,
Compiled military service records for 1,235 Rough Riders, including Teddy Roosevelt have been digitized. The records include individual jackets which give the name, organization, and rank of each soldier. They contain cards on which information from original records relating to the military service of the individual has been copied. Included in the main jacket are carded medical records, other documents which give personal information, and the description of the record from which the information was obtained.
According to tradition running through all the Pond families, they were descended from three brothers who came to America from England. The earliest Pond from whose line George C. Pond may be traced directly is Samuel Pond. The date of his arrival in America as well as the time of his coming to Connecticut is unknown, but he married in Windsor, Connecticut, November 4, 1642. The Pond family seems to have produced a great many fighting men. There is scarcely a generation that had not its men of valor, beginning with Indian fights in 1675. Records show that Munson Pond
Timothy, son of Philip and Thankful (Frisbee) Pond. was born at Bradford, Connecticut, 1731. He served in the Fifth Company, First Connecticut Regiment, 1775, General Wooster; served at the siege of Boston under Captain Caleb Trowbridge, of New Haven, enlisted May 5, discharged December 20, 1775. He was also in the Eighth Regiment, Connecticut Line, formation of 1777-81 ; was in Captain Smith’s company, enlisted March 31, 1777, for three years, discharged March 31, 1780. He was under head of minute-men and volunteers in 1776. He was a member of the inhabitants of the Society of Northburg in Waterbury, who
George C., son of Munson and Phebe (Chapin) Pond, was born June 7, 1814. He was left an orphan at the age of sixteen. Upon the death of his father, he went to live with Jonathan Pierce in Hamilton, Madison county, New York, where he learned the trade of miller. Shortly after his first marriage, in 1841, he went to East River, Cortland county, New York, where he conducted a mill. Later he purchased the mill at Truxton, New York, to which place he then removed his family, and after a residence there of several years, he erected a new