Ball, George E., Ferrisburgh, North Ferrisburgh p. o., one of the prominent farmers of this town, was born in Ferrisburgh, Vt., in 1851. He now occupies a homestead of 300 acres and is a general farmer and dairyman. He was married in 1872 to Flora Webb, of Ferrisburgh Vt. They have had two children born to them — Dora M. and Benedict C. George E. Boll was a son of Michael and Delia (Champlin) Ball. Delia died in 1857, leaving a family of five children three of whom are now living — Ezra, George, and Emma. Mr. Ball then married
Ball, Artemus A., Ferrisburgh, North Ferrisburgh p. o., was born in Ferrisburgh, Vt., in 1846. He is an extensive farmer and dairyman, and owns 200 acres in the northwest part of the town on the lake. He built a dock in 1879 and embarked in the coal business, which trade has largely increased yearly ever since. He is conveniently located for a large eastern trade. He is also engaged in general shipping. He was married in 1874 to Mary Chadbourne, who was born in Canada. They have had four children born to them — Anna U., Florence A., Jay S.,
George Peter Man Ball, treasurer of the county of Lincoln, a descendant of the Ball family who came from Saxony, in 1692, is a grandson of Jacob Ball, a United Empire Loyalist, who left the Hudson river country, New York, with four sons, Jacob, Peter, John and George, and four daughters, at the time of the struggle of the Colonies for independence, settling in the Niagara District; and son of George Ball, in his day successfully engaged in farming, milling and lumbering, and was born in the township of Louth, county of Lincoln, September, 19, 1815. His mother before her
W.H. Ball, of the firm of W.H. Ball & Co., dealers in grain and seed, was born in Cedar County, Ia., in 1853. He was engaged in the grain business at Centerdale, Clinton County, for nine years. In 1880 came to Fletcher and was the first to locate business there.
J.H. Ball, proprietor of billiard parlor-corner 6th and Huron Sts-is a native of Ind.; moved to Knoxville, Marion County, Ia., with parents in 1851. In 1862 he engaged in freighting in company with J.B. Beard, which he continued until 1865. He then traveled through the territories until he settled in Council Bluffs in 1869; moved to Missouri Valley in 1878, and engaged in his present business.
JOHN E. BALL. One of the progressive farmers of Howell County, Missouri, is John E. Ball, who was born in Abbeville District, S. C., in 1850, a son of James Wilburn and Mary (Mosley) Ball, who were born in the Palmetto State November9, 1817 and 1807, respectively. About 1859 they came to what is now Clay County, Arkansas, by wagon, and there the remainder of their lives were spent, she dying in 1865 and he in 1872. They were farmers by occupation and for some time during the Civil War the father of the subject of this sketch served in
This page provides an extensive list of Alabama court records that have been transcribed and placed online.
Ball, Webb C.; jeweler; born in Knox Co., Ohio; married in 1879 to Miss Florence I. Young of Kenton, O.; issue one son and three daughters; at an early age apprenticed to a watch maker to learn the watch making and jewelers’ trade; came to Cleveland in Mch., 1879; for 5 yrs. had been business mgr. of the Dueber Watch Case Mnfg. Co., then located in Cincinnati; head of Railroad Time Inspection System as well as one of the leading merchants of Cleveland; the name Ball today stands for accuracy in construction of Railroad watches; in connection with Railroad inspection
Frank L. Ball, M. D. A resident of Kansas nearly all his life, Dr. Frank L. Ball had for the past fifteen years been one of the leading physicians and surgeons of Cherokee County. His family were among the pioneer settlers of Southeastern Kansas, and the name had been closely identified with the agricultural development and with the civic and professional life of various communities. The Ball family is of Scotch-Irish descent. Originally they were Quakers, and it is said that the first of the name came to Pennsylvania with William Penn. Doctor Ball’s grandfather was Guy Ball, a native
A representative agriculturist of Nowata County, residing five and one-half miles east of Delaware, is J. T. Ball. He was born in Coowescoowee district, one mile from where he now lives, on the 29th of January, 1884, a son of John L. and Annie (Daniels) Ball. The father was a native of Tennessee, who arrived in Indian Territory in 1865 and located one-half mile from where J. T. was born. He later moved onto the old homestead, where he resided until his death in March, 1895. He was engaged in farming and stock raising and became well known in those