Harrisville lies in the extreme eastern part of the county, in lat. 42º 57′ and long. 4º 59′, bounded north by Nelson and Hancock, the latter in Hillsborough county, east by Hancock and Peterboro, south by Dublin and west by Roxbury and a portion of Marlboro. This is the youngest township in the county, having been incorporated as late as July 2, 1870, its area being made up of territory taken from the southern part of Nelson and northern part of Dublin. The extreme length of the town, east and west, is nearly eight miles, and its greatest width, north and south, from two and a half to three miles, comprising an area of about 10,000 acres, which, to be accurate, is enclosed as follows: Beginning at a stone post, where the present north line of Dublin intersects with the western line of Peterboro, thence extending north 77½º west 2,525 rods, or following the north line of Dublin, to the line of Marlboro; thence northerly on the line of Marlboro and Roxbury to the southwest corner of Nelson, near the head of Woodward pond; thence in a general easterly course, with an offset north 160 rods on the east shore of Breed pond, about 1,784 rods, to the line of Hancock; and thence south 12º 30′ south 480 rods, thence south 79º east 879 rods, thence south 287 rods to the place of beginning.
This history entails tax records, sketches of early industry, churches, military, and benevolent societies, as well as biographies, genealogies, and sketches of the following early settlers.
- History of Harrisville, New Hampshire
- Church History of Harrisville, New Hampshire
- Biographies of Harrisville, New Hampshire