The Robert P. Ewer house opposite the Stephen Holt house, was built by Mr. Ewer about 1840, and occupied by him until he left the town. It has since been owned and occupied by various persons, but is now the property of John M. Snow. Mr. Ewer came to Blue Hill a young man. He was a house carpenter, and built the John Cheever house at the Falls in 1834 or 1835, He married, Sept. 5, 1839, Nancy Fisher, daughter of Joseph W. and Sally (Grindle) Johnson. She was born May 4, 1818. They had children as follows:
- Sarah Elizabeth Ewer, born Sept. 16, 1839.
- Mary Porter Ewer, born Aug. 12, 1842.
- Lewis Cass Ewer, born Sept. 20, 1846.
- Harriet Ada Ewer, born June 13, 1849.
- Franklin Pierce Ewer, born Dec. 29, 1851.