The first Douglass found recorded as a resident of the town was John Douglass, said to have been born Dec. 25, 1779, probably in that part of Sedgwick now Brooksville. He married Mary Door, June 2, 1812. She was born May 14, 1793. Their children were:
- Achsah Ann Douglass, born Aug. 12, 1813.
- John Douglass, born April 26, 1815.
- David Douglass, born May 17, 1816.
- Barius Douglass, born Oct. 6, 1818.
- Robert Douglass, born Feb. 2, 1821.
- Sarah Douglass, born Feb. 22, 1825.
- Mary Douglass, born April 6, 1829.
Isaac Douglass Family Genealogy
Then follows Isaac Douglass, born June 17, 1784, who, it is recorded, married another Mary Door, June 14, 1813. She was born Feb. 8, 1789. They had seven children, as follows:
- Sabrina Douglass, born Oct. 22, 1814; died Sept. 18, 1829.
- Mary Douglass, born Aug. 30, 1816.
- Sukey Horton Douglass, born Oct. 26, 1818.
- Nathan Tenney Douglass, born Jan. 3, 1820; died June 10, 1821.
- Joseph Parker Douglass, born March 25, 1822.
- Seth Douglass, born April 6, 1825; died June 10, 1825.
- Seth Hewins Douglass, born June, 1826.
Just where these two families had their habitation the writer has no means of knowing for a certainty, but he presumes it was at the places or near them where James and Sylvanus lived in later years. Just what relation they were to the latter the writer can only venture the suggestion that they were uncles, as it is evident they were not parents.
Sylvanus Douglass Family Genealogy
Sylvanus Douglass is recorded as having been born Jan. 5, 1807, and to have married Susan Limeburner, of Brooksville, Nov. 3, 1831. She was born Jan. 24, 1810. Her death is not recorded, but Mr. Douglass died Sept. 18, 1880, aged seventy-three. They had two children, as follows:
- Ellen Maria Douglass, born Sept. 19, 1836; died June 16, 1853.
- Soloman Thornton Gott Douglass, born April 6, 1842; married Mira Gray.
James Limeburner Douglass Family Genealogy
James Limeburner Douglass, supposed brother of Sylvanus, was born Oct. 13, 1811; married, first, Exemy Thompson Blodgett, Nov. 21, 1833. She was born Dec. 24, 1810. They had four children, as fol-lows:
- Caroline Douglass, born Jan. 30, 1835.
- James William Douglass, born March 26, 1837.
- Otis Douglass, born Jan 15, 1843.
- Mary Abby Douglass, born March 15, 1848.
The mother of these children died June 5, 1862, and Mr. Douglass married Else R. Harding, a widow with one child, Laura A. Harding, born April 16, 1851. Mr. Douglass died Dec. 13, 1865.