|Title:||Southern kith and kin; a record of my children’s ancestors|
|Author:||Jewel Davis Scarborough|
|Publisher:||Abilene, Tex., Printed by Abilene Print. Co|
|Digitizing Sponsor:||Internet Archive|
|Contributor:||Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center|
Table of Contents
- I Colonial Government in Virginia.
- II Thomas Lockett, First, of Henrico Co Va.
- III Benjamin Lockett, First.
- IV Thomas Lockett, Second.
- V Thomas Lockett, Third.
- VI Stephen Lockett.
- VII David Lockett, of Buckingham Co. Va. and Wilkes Co. Ga.
- VIII Abner Lockett of Powhatan and Mecklenburg, Virginia.
- IX Jacob Lockett, of Prince Edward Co. Va. and Jones Co. Ga.
- X Marshall Smith of the Eastern Shore.
- XI Martha, Lucy, Mary, and Elizabeth Lockett.
- XII Joel and Gideon Lockett.
- XIII Susan Lockett Grigg.
- XIV Marriage Bonds, Land Patents, Census Records and Wills.
- XV Lockett Colonial and Revolutionary Soldiers.
- XVI The Osborne Family of Henrico Co. Va.
- I John Davis, Virginia Revolutionary Soldier.
- II John Davis, Esquire and Rebecca Jones.
- III William Davis and Elizabeth Brown Gardner.
- IV The Gardners and Bryans of North Carolina.
- V Martha Davis and the Tharpes.
- VI Margarett Davis Summers.
- VII Elisha Davis.
- VIII Nancy Davis Tharpe.
- IX History of Stone Creek Baptist Church, Twiggs County, Georgia
- X John Davis, Jr.
- XI David J. Davis.
- XII Mariah Davis Hill.
- XIII James McCormick Davis.
- XIV Benjamin Davis.
- XV Miscellaneous Records of Sw. Virginia.
- I The Scarborough of the Eastern Shore.
- II William Scarborough, of Bacon’s Rebellion.
- III David and Sarah Scarborough, of Edgecombe County, North Carolina.
- IV Major James Scarborough.
- V Isaac Scarborough, son of Major James Scarborough.
- VI Descendants of Major James Scarborough and Penelope Eason.
- VII Major James Scarborough and Martha Tartt Eason Scarborough.
- VIII Major James Scarborough, Revolutionary Soldier.
- IX Lawrence Scarborough and His Descendants.
- X Isaac Polk Scarborough and His Descendants.
- XI Allen Scarborough and His Descendants.
- XII David and Nanna Scarborough and Their Descendants.
- XIII Early Land Grants to Scarboroughs in Texas.
- XIV Some Stringer and Clark Notes.
- I The Aldredges.
- II Georgia and Her Land Grants, Bounty Grants, and Lotteries.
- III Nathan Aldredge and His Descendants.
- IV Samuel Hanson, Georgia Revolutionary Soldier.
- V William and Nathan Sims.
- VI Richard Bullock, Third, and His Descendants.
- VII Reubin Aldridge and His Descendants.
- VIII Isaac Aldridge, Texas Revolutionary Soldier.
- IX John Aldridge.
- X Kinsmen in the Texas Revolution.
- XI More About the Davises.
- XII Major William Russell, Patriot, Soldier, Pioneer.
- XIII The Stovall Family.
- XIV The Tatom Family.
Notes About the Books
4 volumes 24 cm
Copyright not renewed as per Stanford database.
The Numbering System
The numbering system for these books was suggested by Mr. H. C. Bradshaw and while different from most genealogies, is very accurate. The original ancestor has no number — there are no numbers for Thomas and Margaret Lockett — but the children of each family are given numbers in the order of their birth, preceded by the number similarly given to each ancestor. The first figure of each number shows from which child of the original ancestor the person is descended, thus 2-1-5 for Jacob Lockett indicates that he was the 5th child of the 1st child of the second child of Thomas and Margaret Lockett. In listing the children I have followed the order of the wills, where the exact birth date was not known from other sources. The spelling in the early wills has not been changed, though I have used punctuation marks where necessary for clarity.
Aldredge, Bryans, Bullock, Clark, Davis, Eason, Gardners, Grigg, Hanson, Hill, Jones, Lockett, Osborne, Russell, Scarborough, Sims, Smith, Stovall, Stringer, Sumners, Tatom, and Tharpe.