A VILLAGE situated on the River St. Anne, in the County of Port Neuf, C. E.-distant from Quebec, 57 miles. Population of the parish about 1600.
In the following Directory the names which appear in CAPITALS are those of subscribers to the work.
Alphabetical List Of Professions, Trades, &C.
Brien, Rev. Michel, Roman Catholic.
Bochet, Amable, J. P., land surveyor.
Carter, Henry, M. D.
Charest. Major Antoine.
Dury, Captain Louis, notary public, and agent for the seigniory.
Garneau, Jean Baptiste, M. D.
Gagnon, Ignace, millowner.
Lafleche, Captain Louis.
Lafleur, David, J. P.
Lanouette, Lieutenant Colonel Joseph.
Megrette, O., boarding house and stage house.
Marcotte, François, general store.
Marcotte, Olivier, miller.
Mayrand, Pierre, general store.
Methot, Joseph Onézime, general store, post master, steam and card millowner.
Ross, George, commissioner of small causes.
Ross. Jones, clerk of commissioners’ court.
Trudel, Augustin, notary public.