This page links to known Alabama Funeral Records whether they be available online or offline. Funeral records are an invaluable source of genealogical information that can provide insight into the lives and deaths of our ancestors. They offer a wealth of details on the deceased and their family, including their names, ages, dates of death, causes of death, and other key information. While funeral records can be found in a variety of places, genealogists must be careful when interpreting the information they contain, paying close attention to accuracy and cultural context. By using funeral records in their research, genealogists can gain a deeper understanding of their ancestors and build a more complete picture of their family history.
Alabama Funeral Home Records
Barbour County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- Godwin Funeral Home, from January 1, 1935 – January 12, 1940
This microfiche and microfilm is available at the Family Search Center in Salt Lake City.
Calhoun County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- Lucius Funeral Home 1938-1940
Records of Lucius Funeral Home of Anniston Alabama in 1938, 1939 and 1940. This organization is no longer in business. Bound copies of these records may be found in The Alabama Room of The Anniston-Calhoun Public Library.
Cherokee County Alabama Funeral Home Records
Perry Funeral Home Funeral Records Centre, Alabama 1937-1960 – Search and view the microfilm
- Perry Funeral home 1937-1960, v. 1 A-E – Item 1
- Perry Funeral home 1937-1960, v. 2 F-I – Item 2
- Perry Funeral home 1937-1960, v. 3 J-O – Item 3
- Perry Funeral home 1937-1960, v. 4 P-S (p.1-196) – Item 4
- Perry Funeral home 1937-1960, v. 4 P-S (p.196-end) – Item 1
- Perry Funeral home 1937-1960, v. 5 T-Z – Item 2
Covington County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- Benson Funeral Home records, Andalusia, Alabama
Book edited by Lisa Franklin and published in 1994.
Dale County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- Cobb Funeral Book Index
A transcription of the original books.
Jefferson County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- Angwin Mortuary Center Records
The records in this compilation date from 1906 through 1975. There were some records available for the year 1900, however they were not discernible to the satisfaction of the compilers. With the omission of the 1900 records, there were no records available for the years prior to 1906. No records were found for the years 1910, 1961, 1965, and 1966. Records were copied as they appeared in the original record, often resulting in the misspelling of a name. In some cases, the writing was not legible and the compiler took the liberty to copy as best he could. The compilers tried to identify the location of the cemetery, especially those with the same name.
Limestone County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- Index to records of McConnell and Spry Funeral Homes, 1930-1984
Book edited by the Limestone County Department of History & Archives and published in 1983. It is available as FHL Film 6067452.
- Rainey Funeral Home records, 1917-1982
Book transcribed by Sandra Birdwell & Anna Lee and published in 1995 by the Limestone County Department of History & Archives and available as FHL Film 2055575 Item 9.
Mobile County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- Friends of Magnolia Cemetery, Funeral Books, 1911-1965 – Search and view digital images
Index and images of original records compiled by Friends of Magnolia Cemetery, Inc. in Mobile, Alabama.
- Higgins Mortuary records – Find it at a Library
Higgins mortuary records, 19th-early 20th centuries, Mobile, AL : extracted from original mortuary records of 1930s deaths. This is a four volume book compiled by Dot Vogtner and published by the Mobile Genealogical Society in 1993.
- Roche/McKay funeral records, 1899-1928 – Find it at a Library
The abstracts for “Roche/McKay funeral records” were compiled from the records on file at Roche-Belmany Guardian Chapel by Mardy Baugh, Mary Ann Ingram, Ramona George, Eugenia Parker and published in 7 volumes by the Mobile Genealogical Society from 1990-2013.
- v. 1. 28 Jan. 1899-11 May 1902
- v. 2. 11 Oct. 1918-26 Apr. 1920
- v. 3. 31 Dec. 1923-29 Dec. 1924
- v. 4-5. 1925-1926
- v. 6. 1927
- v. 7. 1928.
- Roche Funeral Books, 1974-1979 – Search and view the microfilm
Microfilm of original records in Friends of Magnolia Cemetery Inc. Mobile, Alabama.
St. Clair County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- St. Clair County marriages, 1818-1899 – Find it at a Library
A strange title for this work as it included information compiled from various sources, including cemetery listings, deaths recorded at the Ashville Courthouse, and funeral records from the Kilgroe Funeral Home at Pell City. Includes listing of cemetery locations in St. Clair County. Written by Rubye Hall Edge Sisson and published in 1990 by the Gregath Company of Cullman, Alabama.
Talladega County Alabama Funeral Home Records
- 1949 – 1980 Langley Funeral Home Records Book 1 Surnames A – I
- 1949 – 1980 Langley Funeral Home Records Book 1 Surnames J – Z
- 1949 – 1980 Langley Funeral Home Records Book 2 Surnames A – K
- 1949 – 1980 Langley Funeral Home Records Book 2 Surnames L – Z