Location: Barbour County AL

1850 Madison County Alabama Mortality Schedule optimized

Alabama Mortality Census Records

The 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, and 1885 censuses included inquiries about persons who had died in the twelve months immediately preceding the enumeration. The 1850, 1960, 1870, and 1880 mortality census for Alabama all survived. Mortality schedules list deaths from 1 June through 31 May of 1849–50, 1859–60, 1869–70, 1879–80, and 1884–85. They provide nationwide, state-by-state death registers that predate the recording of vital statistics in most states. While deaths are under-reported, the mortality schedules remain an invaluable source of information.

Biography of Judge James P. Wood

Integrity, intelligence and system are qualities which will advance the interests of any man or any profession, and will tend to the prosperity to which all aspire. The life of Judge James P. Wood in the professional arena has been characterized by intelligence, integrity, sound judgment and persevering industry. He is one of Cleburne County’s most popular and capable attorneys, who has acquired prominence because he is worthy of it. He was born on a farm in Barbour County, Ala., in 1843, a son of James and Nancy (Byrd) Wood, who were born, reared and married in the Old North

Sawokli Indians

Sawokli Tribe: Possibly meaning “raccoon people,” in the Hitchiti language, and, while this is not absolutely certain, the okli undoubtedly means “people.” Sawokli Connections. The Sawokli belonged to the Muskhogean linguistic stock and to the subdivision called Atcik-hata. (See Apalachicola.) Sawokli Location. The best known historic location was on Chattahoochee River in the northeastern part of the present Barbour County, Ala. (See Florida and Georgia.) Sawokli Villages Hatchee tcaba, probably on or near Hatchechubbee Creek, in Russell County, Ala. Okawaigi, on Cowikee Creek, in Barbour County, Ala. Okiti-yagani, in Clay County, Ga., not far from Fort Gaines. Sawokli, several different

Native American History of Barbour County, Alabama

Barbour County is located in the southeast corner of Alabama, immediately west of the Chattahoochee River and the State of Georgia. The county seat is Clayton. The county is named after Jame Barbour, a popular Virginia governor and U. S. Senator.  As Secretary of War, Barbour successfully negotiated the removal of the Creek Nation from Georgia.  He was also the first national leader to propose creation of an Indian Territory in the West. To the east, Barbour County adjoins Quitman and Stewart Counties, GA. To the south, it adjoins Henry and Dale Counties, AL, plus Clay County, GA. On the

Barbour County, Alabama Census Records

Barbour County was formed in 1832 from the Creek cession and Pike County. Pike County, Alabama Census Records 1840 Barbour County, Alabama Census Free 1840 Census Form for your Research Hosted at Ancestry.com – Ancestry Free Trial  1840 Barbour County, Census (images and index) $ 1810-1890 Accelerated Indexing Systems $ Hosted at Census Guide 1840 U.S. Census Guide 1850 Barbour County, Alabama Census Free 1850 Census Form for your Research Hosted at Ancestry.com – Ancestry Free Trial  1850 Barbour County, Census (images and index) $ 1810-1890 Accelerated Indexing Systems $ Hosted at Barbour County, Alabama USGenWeb Archives Project Barbour County,

Barbour County, Alabama Cemetery Records

Below is a complete listing of all available online Barbour County Alabama cemeteries, with links to multiple cemetery transcriptions, gravestone photos, tombstone photos, official records, etc. Most of these cemetery listings are complete indices at the time of transcription, however, in some cases we list the listing when it is only a partial listing. Following Historical Cemeteries hosted at Ancestry: $$$ Barbour County, Alabama Tombstone Inscriptions $$$ Clayton Cemetery Fairview Cemetery, Eufala Cemetery records, Barbour County, Alabama: $$$ Adams Chapel Cemetery, Texasville Anderson Baptist Church Cemetery, Blue Springs Anderson Cemetery Antioch Baptist Church Antioch Cemetery, Blue Springs Baptist Cemetery, Spring Hill