Lewis, D. H., Vergennes, was born in St. Johns, Canada East, in 1843, and settled in Vergennes, Vt., in 1861; became a clerk for Parker & Booth, who were then keeping a general store, and in 1864 he became teller of the Bank of Vergennes, and in 1872 he became cashier. In April, 1880, he became cashier of a new organization, the Farmers’ National Bank of Vergennes, where he still remains as a resident. He is also engaged in the manufacture of horseshoe nails, being secretary and treasurer of the National Company from 1872 to the present time. The company was organized in 1869. He was a member of Assembly in 1884 and ’85, and has also been a corporation officer. He was a son of Elizabeth M. Sawyer, who was born in Canada, where Mrs. Lewis died. Mr. Lewis died in Chicago, Ill.