Howard G. Cook, attorney at law practicing as a member of the firm of Cook & McCauley, well known patent attorneys of St. Louis, was born October 20, 1881, at Harlem, Columbia county, Georgia. His father, Harvey A. Cook, was a native of the state of New York and represented an old family of English origin. He was reared and educated in the Empire state and in the latter ’40s removed to Georgia, where he engaged in the lumber business. During the Civil war he served in the Confederate army with the engineering department, remaining with the southern troops throughout
W. F. COOK. In looking over a comparative statement of the institutions of a financial character doing business in Willow Springs, we find them, in comparison with the same class of organizations elsewhere, solvent, prosperous and useful in the highest degree. The Willow Springs Bank adds no little to this, and is one of the best and most substantial of its kind in the county. Mr. W. F. Cook, its well-known cashier, was born in Lewis County, Missouri, February 2, 1868. Son of Dr. J. F. Cook, who is president of La Grange College, at La Grange, a position he
JOHN L. COOK. In scanning the lives and careers of the citizens of Swan Township, it is pleasant to note the exercise of enterprise in every walk of life, and the achievement of success in every department of business. Thus one is enabled to discern in the career of Mr. Cook, who has for man years been a successful farmer and stockraiser of Taney County. He was born one mile from where he now lives in 1841 and is a son of James and Catherine (Steward) Cook, natives of Simpson County, Kentucky, the former born about 1805 and the latter
Isaac Thompson Cook has earned his popular place among the distinguished men of St. Louis through his connection with the erection of many of the finest office buildings and commercial structures which have recently transformed the business section into one of metropolitan proportions. About the time when the exposition was attracting to the city many visitors the chief criticism passed upon it was concerning its lack of modern sky-scraper business buildings, and in recent years the city’s development has in no other line been more marked than in the direction of meeting this criticism. Today the high office building is
Orie A. Cook, D. V. M. The important responsibilities of carrying on the world’s work are devolving upon younger men in every generation. It is the young men who furnish the enthusiasm and energy to industry and business and also to the professions. One of the young professional men of Fisher is Dr. O. A. Cook, a young veterinarian who has quickly gained the confidence and esteem of his patrons in veterinary surgery and is well deserving of that confidence. He is a native of Ford County, Illinois, born April 11, 1894. His parents are Carvosso W. and Elma (Arnold)
Perry E. Cook has for more than twenty years been one of the principal carpenter contractors and builders of Topeka. His work and skill have been particularly exemplified in some of the finer residences of the city, and a large clientage have always felt a peculiar degree of assurance when any contract was entrusted to the firm of Cook & Son. The firm has also handled a great deal of the better class of repair and remodeling contracts. A resident of Kansas for thirty years, Perry E. Cook was born in Boone County, Indiana, December 12, 1859, a son of
Wylie White Cook. During a period of more than thirty years, Hon. Wylie White Cook has been almost constantly before the people of Kansas as the incumbent of public positions, and that he still retains in marked degree the confidence and respect of Kansans is evidence of his worth, fidelity and integrity, for the duties of the various offices which he has held have in nearly every case directly affected the welfare of the community. In Mr. Cook’s case it has almost invariably been a case of the office seeking the man, for with but one exception in his long
Cook, Otis Richmond; automobile tire business; born, Cleveland, Oct. 16, 1875; son of Colonel Benton and Jennie Shattuck Cook; educated, Cleveland public schools; married, Cleveland, Feb. 20, 1896, Gertrude Ione Bacon; one son, Joseph Arthur Cook; for 13 years general representative The B. F. Goodrich Co., Akron, O.; two years general representative of The Firestone Tire & Rubber Co.; at present manager The Kelly-Springfield Tire Co., and director of factory sales for same company; member Tyrian Lodge, F. & A. M., No. 370, Holyrood Commandery, Knights Templar, 32& Scottish Rite Mason, Al Koran Temple, Mystic Shrine; member Masonic and Athletic
Cook, Harley Stephen; claim agent New York Central Lines; born, Columbus Grove, O., Dec. 4, 1882; son of William Mitchell and Mary Trumbo Cook; education, high school, Wooster University, Ohio State University class of ’05; did not finish; married, Chicago, Ill., March 9, 1912, Blanche Irene Brady; served two years in Ohio National Guard, at Ottawa, O.; Co. M, 2nd Infantry; held rank of corporal; offered 2nd lieutenancy, but declined for business reasons; 1905-1906, in store dept. of Lake Erie & Western R. R., at Lima, O.; two and one-half years in testing dept. L. S. & M. S. R.
Cook, C. Brenton; automobile business; born, Frankfort, Ind., Nov. 30, 1882; son of Jonathan and Dorcas Cook; educated, public schools, Rose Polytechnic Institute, Terre Haute, Ind., 1901-1905; married, Toledo, O., Feb. 3, 1910, Francis Florence Smith; one daughter, Francis Catherine; 1905-1906, graduate engineering apprentice; 1906-1909, sales engineer Bullock Electric Mfg. Co., Cincinnati, O.; 1909-1912 mgr. Allis-Chalmers Co., Toledo, O.; 1912, branch mgr. Stevens-Duryea Co.; member American Institute of Electrical Engineers; Bachelor of Science (B. S.); member Athletic Club.