John Colony, son of a nobleman, was born in Kilkenny, Ireland, in 1730, and came to Boston when he was sixteen years of age. He had with him a bag of gold which was subsequently stolen from him, leaving him but four cents. After paying the toll to Charleston he had two cents left and had had no breakfast. He, however, obtained a half cord of wood to saw, thus enabling him to buy himself something to eat. He prospered, being willing to do any kind of work he could get to do. He came to Keene in 1761, and rented the farm now owned by his great-grandaughter, Martha M. Woodward, on road 19. He rented the farm for five years, but soon bought it and resided here until his death. He served in the Revolutionary war, married Militiah Fisher, of Wrentham, Mass., and had born to him four children, as follows: Timothy, Josiah, Militiah, and Hannah. He died June 24, 1797, and his widow died Tune 16, 1810. Timothy was born on this farm April 5, 1764, married Sarah Dwinell, of Keene, who bore him seven children-six sons and one daughter. He died here August 29, 1836, and his widow died April 27, 1853. John, son of Timothy, then became possessor of the farm. He was born June 24, 1795, married Almira Keyes, and reared four children, three of whom are living. Of these, Charles lives in Keene; Sarah married William Spring and lives in Muscatine, Ia.; and Martha M., who lives upon and owns the old farm, married W. H. Woodward. This farm has never been out of the Colony family, six generations having lived here and five having been born here. The house that is now standing was built about 1785, by John Colony. The old gun that he used in the Revolution is in the possession of the family here, and Mrs. Martha M. Woodward has also the old wills and deeds, many of them being over a hundred years old. In the wood-house is stored wood cut by John Colony, 2d, over seventy years ago, and there is also hay in the barn that he cut sixty-five years ago.