F. E. Lange, farmer, Section 30, P. O. Golden Spring, is a native of Saxony; came to America in 1852; was engaged in cabinet-making and car-building in many of the Eastern States. March 1855, he went to Kansas; thence to St. Joseph, Mo.; in May, 1855, he came to Burt County, and assisted in building the first houses in the county, and was one of six of the first settlers in the county. He owns about a section of land; the spring on his farm was dedicated in the summer of 1857, naming it the Golden Spring. There was a store and other buildings here then, and the intention was to build a town known as Central Bluffs. The first election of officers was in the fall of 1855, when the settlers organized the legislative session. Mr. Lange was elected one of the County Commissioners, and served two terms; he is now serving on his fifth term. He has always been connected with the School Board since its organization.