1850 Gazetteer of Thurlestone England

THURLESTONE, 4½ miles W.S.W. of Kingsbridge, is a small scattered village, on rising ground, near the beach of Bigbury Bay. Its parish contains 437 souls, and 1768 acres of fertile land, including the hamlets of Buckland, Avenmouth, and Bantham, the latter of which is a small fishing village, with fine sands, and a salmon pool …

1850 Gazetteer of Thurlestone England Read More »