Location: Carver Massachusetts

Nelson Sherman

Ancestors of Nelson Sherman of Carver and Brockton, Massachusetts

Nelson Sherman, who was for many years extensively engaged in agricultural pursuits in the town of Carver, Mass., and is now making his home in the city of Brockton, is regarded as one of the substantial men of Plymouth county. He is a descendant of several of this Commonwealth’s earliest settled and most prominent families, and was born March 14, 1841, in North Carver, son of Henry and Christinai (Crocker) Sherman.

Benjamin S. Atwood

Descendants of Benjamin S. Atwood of Whitman, MA

Benjamin S. Atwood, the well-known box manufacturer of Whitman, Mass., was one of the best known men in Plymouth county, and as a business man and as a soldier stood high in the estimation of all who know him. He was born in the town of Carver, Plymouth county, June 25, 1840. The Atwood family of which Benjamin S. Atwood is a descendant is an old and prominent family of Plymouth Colony. The founder was John Wood, who came to Plymouth in 1643, and was later known as John Atwood – a spelling of the name that has been retained to the present time.

1867 Carver Massachusetts Directory

Atwood Charles H. farmer, Centre Andrews Robert W. moulder, r South Appling Geo. H. moulder, North Atwood Bartlett S. farmer, Centre Atwood Eli, farmer, Centre Atwood George, farmer, South Atwood George W. farmer Centre Atwood Gustavus, farmer, South Atwood Elbridge E. farmer Centre Atwood Jacob, farmer, Centre Atwood John S. shoemaker North Atwood Joseph, moulder South Atwood Josiah W. farmer, South Atwood Lucius, farmer Centre Atwood Luther, farmer South Atwood Marcus, farmer South Atwood Oren, farmer Centre Atwood Salmon, laborer South Atwood Stephen, farmer Centre Atwood Sumner, farmer South Atwood Tillson, moulder Centre Barrows Asa, laborer, North Barrows Andrew F.

History of Carver Massachusetts

An historical sketch about Carver, Plymouth County, Massachusetts as abstracted from the Plymouth County Directory and Historical Register of 1867.