Oliver March & Co., proprietors of the Dodge City Steam Flouring Mills. These mills were erected in the fall of 1879. Size 60×90 feet, three stories and basement, built of wood at a cost of $20,000. Capacity is 15,000 pounds of flour in twenty-four hours. They employ four men. Oliver Marsh and son became proprietors in 1882. Mr. Marsh first came to Central City, Anderson Co., Kan., with his family in 1857, built a hotel and opened a general store. In 1859 he became a licensed Indian Trader with J. A. Coffey, at Humboldt, Kan., and remained until 1864, when they moved to Kansas City, Mo., and embarked in the wholesale grocery trade three years. He then went to Chetopa, Labette Co., and engaged in merchandising and the stock business for eleven years. He then came to Dodge City and engaged in the mercantile milling business. He was born in Hamilton County, Ohio, October 21, 1826; lived there with his parents for twelve years and came with them to Fort Madison, Iowa, where he lived until twenty-one-years old, when he came to Kansas. He was married in 1852 to Miss Clarissa A. Smiley, of Urbania, Ohio. They have four children-Grace A., Arthur E., Stephen and Mark. Mrs. Marsh is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Dodge City. Mr. Marsh is a member of Blue Lodge, Masonry.