J. Franz & Co., brewers. The business of this firm is conducted by Mrs. M. Franz and Mrs. Kate Hensler, the widows of the former proprietors, both of whom died in the spring of 1881. The brewery was built in 1868, is 150×40 ft., and has a capacity of 10,000 barrels per year, and has bottling works connected with it, whose capacity is about 250,000 bottles per year. The foreman, John Arensdorf is a practical brewer, having learned the business at Sedan France, and is in every respect well fitted for the position, which he now holds. The financial affairs are under the charge of C.F. Hoyt and J.R. White. The firm employs about fifteen men about the establishment.