Harvey B. Ashmore, farmer and stock-raiser; P. O. Ashmore; was born in this township Nov. 1, 1849, being a son of Hezekiah J. and Elizabeth Ashmore. When about 15 years old, he engaged in mercantile business in Ashmore, in which he continued about two years. He then engaged in dealing in stock, which he has followed ever since. In 1871, he settled on his present farm adjoining the village of Ashmore, containing 510 acres of land, with fine improvements. He also owns another farm of 80 acres two and a half miles northwest of the village. Mr. Ashmore is largely engaged in stock raising, feeding not less than 500 hogs, and from 100 to 200 cattle annually. He makes a specialty of Poland-China hogs of which he ships a large number every year. He was married Nov. 16, 1870, to Miss Emma J. Carter, a daughter of John L. Carter, of Oakland. She is a native of Gallia Co., Ohio. They have five children Herbert K., Leon B., Leftridge L. and Lloyd C. The youngest, a daughter, is not named at the present writing.