Claude B. Warner, A. B., A. M., D. D. S., was born at Morrison, the county seat of Whiteside County, Illinois, May 6, 1872, and is a son of Edward B. and Elizabeth C. (Bryant) Warner, the former a native of Saint Louis and the latter of Herculaneum, Missouri. Edward B. Warner was a well-to-do business man of Morrison, and also a prominent citizen in the public life of Whiteside County, being county treasurer for a period of sixteen years, and for a like period a member of the board of equalization. His death occurred in 1891, while Mrs. Warner survived until 1916. They were the parents of seven children, as follows: Luella, who is the wife of F. C. Hitchcock, of Walden, Colorado; Arthur D., who is president of the Forest City Life Insurance Company at Rockford, Illinois; Dr. A. Lincoln, who is engaged in medical practice at Chicago; Bertha, who is the wife of Maj. R. M. Smith, U. S. A., of New York City; Dr. Eugene R., a practicing dentist of Denver, Colorado; Lena, who is the wife of Dr. James S. Mason, of Urbana; and Dr. Claude B.
Claude B. Warner was seventeen years of age when he graduated from the Morrison High School, and at that time, feeling that he would enter upon a professional career, as had several of his brothers, he started the study of law in an office in his home city. After one year thus spent he decided that the law was not his forte, and transferred his attention to the dental profession, in the office of his brother. Following this experience he entered the Northwestern Dental School, from which he was graduated with the class of 1894 and the degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery, and at that time formed a professional partnership with Dr. J. A. W. Davis, of Galesburg. While residing in that city, Dr. Warner decided to further his education, and accordingly worked his way through Lombard College, securing the degree of Bachelor of Arts and later that of Master of Arts. Afterward Dr. Warner went to Avon, Illinois, and was there engaged in practice until 1906, when he came to Urbana.
On his arrival in Urbana, Dr. Warner established his dental office at 129 South Elm Street, where in conjunction with his brother-in-law, Dr. Mason, he erected an office building especially adapted to his work.
Dr. Warner has been honored many times by his professional brethren. He has served as president of the First District Dental Society, which includes one-third of this state, as president of the McDonough-Fulton County Dental Society, and as president of the Champaign-Danville District Dental Society. He has served as chairman of the Public Press Committee and Board of Censors of the Illinois State Dental Society. He is now serving as chairman of the Law committee and a member of the Executive council of the Illinois State Dental Society. He has served as chairman of the committee on Public Dental Education of the National Dental Society and is now chairman of the Law committee in that organization.
In his fraternal relations, Dr. Warner is a valued representative of the local lodges of the Masons, the Elks and the Eastern Star, and belongs also to the Phi Delta Theta fraternity and the Delta Sigma Delta dental fraternity, and to the University and Cosmopolitan clubs. On February 12, 1901, he was united in marriage with Miss Jessie Tonner, of Table Grove, Illinois.