Hamilton County, Tennessee Cemetery Transcriptions

Tennessee Cemetery records are listed by county then name of cemetery within the Tennessee county. Most of these are complete indices at the time of transcription, however, in some cases we list the listing when it is only a partial listing.

Following Cemeteries (hosted at Hamilton County, Tennessee USGenWeb Archives)

  • Anderson Cemetery
    • Anderson Cemetery No. 1
      The Anderson Cemetery is located forty one miles north of Chattanooga. Follow Highway 58 to Birchwood Junction leaving the highway to left on Anderson Road, 2 miles west to the Anderson farm. There are 60 very old unmarked graves.
    • Anderson Cemtery No. 2
      The Anderson Cemetery is thirty three miles northeast of Chattanooga, going north from Chattanooga to Leamon store which is eighteen miles. Then follow the Mahan road east for one mile to Snow Hill road to the Old Anderson Springs. The land for the cemetery was given by Mr John Anderson, his grave being the oldest one with a marker, 1834. There are about fifty unmarked graves, some which date back to the Indians. The farm is owned by Mr George Goodner, but the cemetery is deeded seperate from the farm.
  • Ball Hill Cemetery
    The Ball Hill Cemetery is thirty five miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 north to Birchwood Pike which is thirteen miles , turning left for twenty two miles. There are one hundred and fifty very old unmarked graves.
  • Barker Cemetery
    The Barker Cemetery is about 12 miles from Chattanooga on the Dayton Pike. It is about 3 miles south of Daisy on the left side of the highway. The Barker Cemetery is a family graveyard and was started in 1899. There is one unmarked grave.
  • Bartlebaugh Cemetery
    The Bartlebaugh Cemetery is eleven miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway 58 to Bartlebaugh which is eleven miles to the Bartlebaugh Baptist Church. The land for the cemetery and church was given by Mr Charles Champion in 1890. There are eighty unmarked graves.
  • Beason Cemetery
    The Beason Cemetery is three miles northwest of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 from Chattanooga to the Cherokee Tourist Camp. Turn southwest on Hills Wood Drive, one mile to Woodland Height Baptist Church. Just at the back of the church is the cemetery. The land was given by Mr Grant Beason. He and his wife were buried there in 1837 and 1838, but their graves have no markers. There are about one hundred and fifty unmarked graves. Sarah Green was the oldest person at death, her age being 102.
  • Beck Cemetery
    Beck Cemetery is located three miles east of courthouse, at the Golf and Country Club. The land is part of the property owned by the late David Beck.
  • Big Ridge Cemetery
    The Big Ridge Cemetery is located seventeen miles north of Chattanooga. Follow Hixon Pike north to cemetery. There are about 30 unmarked graves.
  • Birchwood Baptist Cemetery
    The Birchwood Baptist Cemetery is forty miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 to Birchwood pike which is a distance of thirteen miles. Leave highway to the left going to the Birchwood Baptist Church. The land for the Church and Cemetery was given by Mr. A M Bare. There are about sixty very old unmarked graves.
  • Birchwood Methodist Cemetery
    The Birchwood Methodist Church Cemetery is located forty miles north of Chattanooga. Leave highway going north to the Baptist Church. The cemetery is 1/4 mile from this location. There are about one hundred and fifty unmarked graves. The oldest marker, 1868, is that of Charley Defriese.
  • Blackwell Cemetery
    The Blackwell Cemetery is located thirteen miles east of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 64 to East Brainerd road right to Graysville road. There are six black slaves buried there. The land was given by Mr. Wm. Blackwell. There are thirty very old unmarked graves.
  • Blair Cemetery
    The Blair Cemetery is twenty eight miles northeast of Chattanooga. Follw the Cleveland Pike to Ooltewah, taking the Georgetown road which is ten miles to the Cemetery. The land belongs to Rev Samuel J Blair. There are thirty unmarked graves.
  • Boyd Cemetery
    This cemetery is four miles south of Ooltewah. The land which was granted from state was given by Thomas Boyd, he being the first settler here. The cemetery has served settlement for one hundred and twenty five years, but is used now by only the family. Some Indians are buried here.
  • Boydston Cemetery
    The Boydston Cemetery is located twelve miles southwest of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 41 to Tiftonia., taking the Lookout Lake road right for two miles north. The land was given by Mr Cavanaugh Boydston. There are about two hundred very old unmarked graves.
  • Brainerd Cemetery
    The Brainerd Cemetery is located five miles east of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 64 through the Tunnel to M E Church, south. The land was given by Mr. Asberry Conner.
  • Brainerd Missionary Cemetery
    The Brainerd Mission Cemetery is located six and a quarter miles northeast of Chattanooga on the Brainerd road. This cemetery is one of the oldest in Hamilton County. Most of the people buried here were missionary workers among the Cherokee Indians. The oldest marked grave is 1821, but the cemetery was started in 1817. There are sixty graves that have tombstones but there is no writing on them.
  • Brown Cemetery
    The Brown Cemetery is located eight and one half miles northwest of Chattanooga. Follow the Dayton Pike six miles to the Brown Town road for two and one half miles. The land was given by Mr Berry Brown, and also for the Brown Chapel. The grave of Isaac Sutton has the oldest marker which is 1812. There are about sixty unmarked graves and some are very old.
  • Brown’s Chapel Cemetery
    Brown’s Chapel Cemetery-5513 Browntown Road- Chattanooga (Red Bank) Tennessee Inventoried by James R. (Ron) Adams- Nephew of Rosa Belle (Adams) Brown & Gr-Gr Nephew of Margaret Jane (Adams) Brock. Done in 1999 and finished Aug., 2000. There are a total of 51 field stones, indicating graves with no markers. Located on Browntown Road, the cemetery is on left just past McCahill Road, on a hill, and is fenced and gated.
  • Burke Cemetery
    This cemetery is located about one mile north of Gold Point, Tenn at the Burke Methodist church. It was formerly known as the old Sniteman Cemetery, it being their family graveyard. There are approximately thirty unmarked graves.
  • Card Family Cemeteries
    • Card Cemetery
      The Card Cemetery is located nineteen miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 going north and taking road east for one half mile. The land was given by Mr Charles P Card for a family cemetery. There are about twenty five unmarked graves.
    • Mowbrey Mountain
      Card family cemetery, near Soddy Daisy, Tennessee. Established circa 1854.
    • Poe Pike on Daisy Mountain
      The Card Family Cemetery is located twenty five miles west of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 to Daisy, taking the old Poe Pike up the mountain. The land was given by Mr Edward S Card which was used by him for family burying ground. The grave of Rachel Francis Card who was buried in 1860 has the oldest marker.
    • Soddy Daisy
      Nearest the “Daisy” portion of Soddy Daisy, just off highway 27.
  • Carper Cemetery
    The Carper Cemetery is located twelve miles northeast of Chattanooga. Follow the Cleveland Pike to Silverdale which is twelve miles to the right. The Cemetery was moved when the new Hospital was built, there being twenty or thirty graves which are all moved. The land was donated by Mr William Carper, but is now owned by Hamilton County.
  • Castle Cemetery
    The Castle Cemetery is five miles east of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 64 to the Tunnel Boulevard,oing one half mile north to the Cemetery. The land was given by Mr Samuel Castle. There are about one hundred and twenty five graves, ten having markers.
  • Catholic Cemetery
    The Catholic Cemetery is three miles southeast of Chattanooga. From Chattanooga, go through the Bachman Tubes out the Ringgold road for one half mile. There are about two hundred very old unmarked graves.
  • Chancy Cemetery
    The Chancy Cemetery is nineteen miles northwest of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 to Daisy, a distance of fifteen miles, then take the old Poe Road up mountain and from the mountain take the Soddy road to the Cemetery. The land was given by Mr Joe Chancy. There are about twenty two graves with only two markers.
  • Chestnut Cemetery
    The Old Chestnut Cemetery is located fourteen miles east of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 64 twelve miles to Well’s Switch taking the Edgeman road to right for two miles. This Cemetery is on Mr John Chestnut’s farm and he and his people are buried there, their graves having no markers. There are about one hundred and fifty very old unmarked graves.
  • Citizen Cemetery
    The Citizen Cemetery is eight blocks east of the heart of Chattanooga. It runs parallel between the eight hundred and nine hundred block of East 4th and 5th street. The cemetery is surrounded by two of Chattanooga’s most important schools, the Clara Carpenter Grammar School and the Chattanooga High School.
  • Concord Cemetery
    The Concord Cemetery is ten miles northeast of Chattanooga. Follow Highway # 64 to the East Brainerd Road going east for three miles.
  • Condra Cemetery (Old)
    The old Condra Cemetery is fourteen miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 to the Huffaker Farm. The Cemetery is on the left. The land was given by Mr Condra. There are twelve unmarked graves and are very old.
  • Davis Cemetery
    The Davis Cemetery is twenty nine miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 to the Leamon Store which is eighteen miles north, leaving highway take the road to right to the Snowhill road. The Cemetery is nine miles north to Mr Lovell’s home. The land was given by James Davis, Sr. he being the first person there in 1865. There are thirty very old unmarked graves.
  • Deakins Cemetery
    The Deakins Cemetery is located thirteen miles south of Chattanooga. Follow the new Birmingham highway to Tiftonia which is five miles south east taking the old Birmingham highway south to the Deakin’s farm. The Cemetery is located one half mile south of the Tenn. State line in Dade Co, Ga.
  • Defriese Family Cemetery
    The Defriese family Cemety is located forty miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 to the Birchwood Pike to left. Thre are about ten graves that are unmarked.
  • Denney Cemetery
    The Denney Cemetery is twenty four miles north of Chattanooga. Go north from Chattanooga to Birchwood road, then follow road at left, going north to Denney Cut. The land for the Cemetery was given by Wm. Denney, his grave being of the old limestone vault which is marked 1830. His age was 73 years old. His son, W M Denny was the oldest at death, and was 88 years of age. There are twenty unmarked graves.
  • Dividing Ridge Church of God Cemetery
  • Donaldson Cemetery
    The old Donaldson Cemetery is four miles east of Chattanooga. Follow McCallie Avenue to the South Germantown Road for one mile south to the Gleason Drive. The land was given by Mr Samuel David Donaldson. There are about twenty unmarked graves.
  • East Soddy Church of God Cemetery
  • Elder Cemetery (Old)
    The Elder Cemetery is twenty miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 to the Leamons store which is eighteen miles north. Leave the highway at store goingright on the Snowhill road, then turn left. The Cemetery is north ten miles to the Dunning and Harris farm. The land was given by Mr Charles Elder, he being the first person buried there and the marker is 1863. There are one hundred unmarked graves, all of the old limestone rocks.
  • Eldridge Family Cemetery
    The Eldridge family Cemetery is located twenty five miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 north to the Birchwood Pike which i s a distance of thirteen miles, taking the Birchwood Pike for twelve miles. The land was formerly owned by Dr J C Eldridge but is now owned by the TVA.
  • Emery Cemetery
    Located in Opossum Creek off Lee Pike and located on Lot 44 of the Emerald Bay subdivision. If you travel into Emerald Bay, go straight and take the 1st left on Emerald Point.
  • Fair Mount Cemetery
    The Fair Mount cemetery is twelve miles northwest of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 to the ‘W’ road which was formerly called the Anderson Turn Pike, goingto Fair Mount Baptist church. The land was given by ‘Uncle’ Jimmie Kilroy. There are one hundred very old unmarked graves.
  • Falling Water Cumberland Presbyterian Church
    Located off Corridor “J” near Falling Water. Exit at Chickamauga Dam, Hwy 153 and turn left on Hwy 27. Go under overpass and turn back to the left. Church is visible from that vantage point. It is a small cemetery, approximately 1 to 1-1/2 acres inside a fence, with a small number of graves. There are 58 marked graves, and there is only 4 field stones with no markings. One grave is fresh, but has no marker, it is next to Robert Walter Selcer. Information inside ( ) is notes from recorder.
  • Fitzgerald Cemetery
    The Fitzgerald Cemetery is located twelve miles northeast of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 64 northeast to Ooltewah taking the White Oak Valley road left. The land was bought and given by the Powder Co. for the Cemetery. There are about twenty unmarked graves.
  • Forest Hills Cemetery
    Forest Hills Cemetery was founded in 1880 and is in use to the present day. It covers approximately 100 acres. It has over 43,000 recorded burials with space still available for another 20,000. The cemetery is located at the corner of 40th street and Tennessee Avenue near the foot of Lookout Mountain.
  • Francis Cemetery (Old)
    The Francis Cemetery is thirteen miles southwest of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 to Suck Creek, taking the old river south for one and one half miles. The land was given by Mr Francis. There are seventeen very old unmarked graves.
  • Friendship Cemetery
    The old Friendship Cemetery is thirty four miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 north to Birchwood Pike which is a distance of thirteen miles. Leaving highway to the left on the Birchwood Pike for twenty one miles. The land for Church and Cemetery was given by Mr G W Malone, the church being burned down now. There are about thirty very old unmarked graves.
  • Fryar Cemetery
    The Fryar Cemetery is located ten miles southwest of Chattanooga. Follow Broad Street to Lookout Mountain taking the Birmingham highway right to Tiftonia which is four miles, then taking the Lookout Valley road right for one mile. The land for the cemetery was given by Mr James Fryar. There are twenty unmarked graves.
  • Fuller Cemetery (Old)
    The Fuller Cemetery is three miles northeast of Chattanooga. Follow highway #58 for two and one half miles north to Glass Street one half mile east to York Street
  • Gilliam Cemetery
    The Gilliam Cemetery is located twelve miles east of Chattanooga. Follow # 64 to East Brainerd road right to Graysville road then to the right for two miles. The land was given by Mr Marshal Gilliam for a family cemetery.
  • Granny Walker Cemetery
    The Granny Walker Cemetery takes its name from a Mrs Walker, a very old lady, who was called ‘Grany Walker’. She lived on the present site of the graveyard. To reach the cemetery, which is 21 miles northwest of Chattanooga., go out Highway #27 to Daisy, take old Poe turnpike up the mountain and follow the same pike for one mile on top of mountain. There are 60 unmarked graves. Some are very old.
  • Gray Cemetery
    The Gray Cemetery is located twenty five miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 north to Bakewell twenty four miles, taking McCallie Ferry Road right, one mile east. The cemetery is on the left. The land was donated by Mr Jesse Gray. There are fifty unmarked graves, some being very old.
  • Graysville Cemetery
    The Graysville Cemetery is located fifteen miles east of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 64 north to East Brainerd road right to Graysville. The land was given by John David Gray. There are three hundred very old unmarked graves.
  • Greenwood Cemetery (old)
    The Greenwood Cemetery is three miles northeast of Chattanooga on the North Crest and Greenwood Drive. This cemetery was established in 1891. The incorporaters were: W A Woolson, J H Bragg, Charles A Righter, J H Garvin and G T Benjamin. There are about four thousand graves. About twenty five hundred graves are unmarked.

  • Guille Cemetery
    The Guille Family Cemetery is located twenty miles northeast of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 64 to Wells switch road, taking road right to the old Davis home.
  • Guther’s Family Cemetery
    The old Guther’s family cemetery is located eight miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 to the old King home. There are six very old unmarked graves.
  • Hainey Hill Cemetery
    The Hainey Hill Cemetery is located nine miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 58 to the Hainey farm. The land was given by Mr Smith in 1830. There are twenty very old unmarked graves.
  • Hancock Cemetery
    The old Hancock Cemetery is seven miles northeast of Chattanooga. follow highway # 58 to Glass Street, East Chattanooga. The cemetery is located one half mile from Shephard Schoolhouse. The land for cemetery was given by Mr H T Hancock, but is now owned by Mr Poe. There are twenty or thirty very old unmarked graves. A few Indians are buried here. Benjamin Hancock has the oldest marker which is 1854.
  • Harrison Cemetery
    The old Harrison Cemetery is twelve miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway No. 58 to Harrison, from there taking Spring Street to the cemetery. The land for the church and cemetery was given by Mrs Grizie McKinzie. The oldest grave is that of Mrs Elizabeth E Meeler’s child who was buried in 1818. There are one hundred unmarked graves.
  • Hickman Cemetery
    The Hickman Cemetery is located twenty five miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 north to Soddy twenty miles, taking the Back Valley Road five miles left and going north to the ‘old’ Coleman Farm. The farm is now owned by Mr M C Hickman and the land was given by him for the Cemetery.
  • Hixson Cemetery
    This cemetery is located on the outskirts of Hixson, Tenn about twelve miles north of Chattanooga. The land for the cemetery was given by Ephriam Hixson who was buried there in 1855, his being the oldest marked grave. However there are unmarked graves, said to be those of Indians that are much older.
  • Hodges Cemetery
    The Hodges Cemetery is fourteen miles north of Chattanooga. Go north from Chattanooga to the Birchwood road. The cemetery is located one half mile. The land was given by Mr Howell Hodges but is now owned by the TVA.
  • Hooker Cemetery
    The Hooker Cemetery is 12 miles S W of Chattanooga. Follow South Broad St, south to Lookout Mountain, taking the Birmingham highway to Deakin’s Filling Station for eight miles, then follow the Hooker road for two miles. The land was donated by Mr William Lyle and J G Phillips. There are one hundred and fity very old unmarked graves.
  • Horn’s Cemetery
    The Horn’s Cemetery is twenty miles north of Chattanooga. Go north from Chattanooga to Birchwood road which is a distance of thirteen miles, then follow the Birchwood for seven miles. There are about fifty very old and unmarked graves. The only one having a marker is that of Capt T J Daughtrey which is marked 1861.
  • Hughes Cemetery No. 1
    The Hughes Cemetery is located twenty five miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 to Bakewell which is twenty five miles. The cemetery is across from the post office to the left. Seven members of the Hughes family are buried here in rock vaults with no markers.
  • Hughes Cemetery No. 2
    The Hughes cemetery is located twenty five miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway No 27 north to Soddy which is twenty miles, taking the back Valley road left for five miles to the old Coleman Farm. The land was donated by Mr Hezekiah Hughes who later sold to Coleman, now owned by Mr Hughes. There are about one hundred fifty very old unmarked graves.
  • Hutcheson Cemetery
    The Hutcheson Cemetery is located thirty two miles north of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 north to Coulter’s road left, three miles to the ‘old’ Hutcheson farm. The land was donated by Mr Newton Hutcheson. It is one of the oldest cemeteries in Hamilton County. Benjamin Jones has the oldest marker, 1856, and Betty Gamble was the oldest person at death, her age being 99 years. There are about two hundred very old unmarked graves.
  • Jacksfield Cemetery
  • Jackson Chapel Cemetery
  • Jackson Family Cemetery
  • Jewish Cemetery
  • Johnson Cemetery
  • Johnson Family Cemetery
  • Jones Cemetery
  • Jones Family Cemetery
  • Kimbell Cemetery
  • Kirklin Cemetery
  • Koblen Jewish Cemetery
  • Levi Cemetery
  • Liberty Cemetery
  • Light Cemetery
  • Lomenick Cemetery
  • Lookout Valley Primitive Baptist Cemetery
  • Lovelady Cemetery
  • Maddux Cemetery
  • Magill Cemetery
  • Mahan Cemetery
  • Martin Cemetery
  • May Cemetery
  • McGiven Cemetery
  • Memorial Park Cemetery
    • Part 1
    • Part 2
    • Part 3
    • Part 4
    • Part 5
  • Milsaps Cemetery
  • Mitchell Cemetery
  • Montgomery Cemetery
  • Moore Cemetery
  • Morris Hill Cemetery
  • Mt. Vernon Baptist Church Cemetery
  • Nelson Cemetery
  • Oak Hill Cemetery
  • Och’s Memorial Cemetery
  • Ooltewah Cemetery ( hosted at Hamilton County Tennessee USGenNet)
  • Parker Cemetery
  • Patterson Cemetery
  • Poe Cemetery
  • Pollard Cemetery
  • Providence Methodist Cemetery
  • Rawlston Cemetery
  • Ray Cemetery
  • Red Bank Cemetery
  • Redman Cemetery
  • Richie Family Cemetery
  • Roberson Cemetery
  • Roberts Cemetery
  • Rogers, (Aunt Becky) Cemetery
    Aunt Becky Roger’s Cemetery is located thirty three miles northeast of Chattanooga. Follow highway # 27 north to the Daughtrey Ford Road right, thirty miles, following the Daughtrey Ford Road three miles to the ‘old’ Becky Roger’s home. The land is now owned by Mr Dan Davis.
  • Rogers Cemetery
  • Rogers Family Cemetery
  • Rowden Spring Cemetery
  • Runyan Cemetery
  • Sawyers Cemetery
  • Shadwick Cemetery
  • Shelton Cemetery
  • Shipley Cemetery
  • Shirley Cemetery
  • Shoal Creek Cemetery
  • Shoemaker Cemetery
  • Silverdale Cemetery
  • Simmerman Cemetery
  • Simpson Cemetery
  • Sivley (Old) Cemetery
  • Sivley Cemetery
  • Smith Cemetery
  • Smith Cemetery
  • Sniteman Cemetery
  • Soddy Presbyterian Cemetery
  • Spivey Cemetery
  • Spadling Cemetery
  • Stewart Cemetery
  • Stubblefield Cemetery
  • Syler Cemetery
  • Tallent Cemetery
  • Talley Cemetery
  • Thatcher Cemetery
  • Thomas Cemetery
  • Thompson Cemetery
  • Thompson Cemetery No. 2
  • Thurman Cemetery
  • Tyner Cemetery
  • Union Fork Baptist Cemetery
  • Vandergriff Cemetery
  • Varner Cemetery
  • Varner Cemetery No. 2
  • Wallace Cemetery
  • Welch Cemetery
  • Wells Cemetery
  • West View Cemetery
  • Wilcoxen Cemetery
  • Williams Cemetery
  • Worley Cemetery
  • Yarnell Cemetery

Following Cemeteries (hosted at Interment)

Search Military Records - Fold3

Locations:
Hamilton County TN,

Collection:
Tennessee Cemetery Records: A directory of resources providing online access to Tennessee Cemetery records. See also United States Cemetery Records for cemetery records on all of the United States.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top