M. E. O’Hair, farming and stock; P. O. Charleston; was born in Morgan Co., Ky., Feb. 22, 1829. He married Miss Catharine R. Zink June 6, 1856; she was born in Edgar Co., Ill., and died Dec. 7, 1873; they had six children, viz., Calvin L., Laura B., Nettie T., Harvey Z., Gladys V. and Alvaretta C. He married his present wife, Miss Sarah E. Bryant, Oct. 14, 1875; she was born in Edgar Co., Ill., July 29, 1852; they have two children, viz., Charles H. and Francina D. He lived in Kentucky until he was 13 years old, when, with his parents, he came to Illinois, and settled in Edgar Co., where he lived until he became of age, when he went to California, his object being to mine; he remained two years, meeting with fair success; in 1852, he returned to his home in Edgar Co., and engaged in the stock business; in 1853, he bought part of his present place. and settled and improved the same; in 1857, he removed to the village of Kansas, in Edgar Co., Ill., and engaged in the general merchandise business, which he continued about four years; in 1860, he moved to Paris, and served as Sheriff of Edgar Co. for two years; he was then appointed Deputy Sheriff, and served two years, and, in 1865, he returned to his present place; in 1871, he was elected Supervisor of Seven Hickory, and held the office four years; since which time he has held the office of Highway Commissioner. He owns 700 acres in this township, which he has earned by his own labor and management. His parents, John and Mrs. Eliza Hardwick O’Hair, were natives of Kentucky, where they were married; in 1842, they came to Illinois, and settled in Edgar Co., where they now reside.