Cobb, George W., Weybridge, was born in the town of Starksboro, Addison county, Vt., September 9, 1844. His parents were Harvey and Amanda (Bryant) Cobb. George Cobb was educated in the common schools; enlisted in June, 1862, in Company F, Ninth Vermont Volunteers. During the engagement at Harper’s Ferry he was in the hospital at Winchester, Va., suffering from sunstroke, and while there was taken prisoner; when able was paroled and sent north through the rebel lines to Camp Chase, Columbus, where he had a relapse of fever, and was discharged from the service; returned home supposing that he had entirely recovered. He re-enlisted in Company C, same regiment, in the fall of 1863; was at the battle of Newport Barracks, N. C.; then went to Virginia; was at the front of Richmond, and the battle of Chapin’s Farm, Va., soon after, when he was again prostrated with disease, and sent to the hospital, where he remained during the winter, when he was sent to Brattleboro, Vt., where he was discharged in March, 1865. He returned to civil life, and was a resident of Huntington for two years, and while there was married on June 10, 1866, to Jennie H. Sampson, who was a daughter of Jonathan and Polly (Frost) Sampson. To this marriage were born two children — Bert H. (born December 29, 1867, and died on October 2, 1885) and Willie G. (died in infancy). Mrs. Cobb died on October 19, 1871. Mr. Cobb married his second wife, Mary A. Sampson, January 13, 1873. They have had one son born to them, Willie E. (born October 4. 1875). Mr. Cobb came to Weybridge in the spring of 1869 and engaged in peddling various articles of miscellaneous merchandise for nine years. In July, 1881, he engaged in the manufacture of Champaigne’s champion cough remedy, and Adirondack pain relief, and other medicines, and has the sole right of sale in the State of Vermont. He does quite an extensive business.