Matthew Watson (d. 1720), of English lineage, married Mary Orr in 1695, and in 1718 the family immigrated from Ireland to Boston, Massachusetts and settled in Leicester, Massachusetts. Descendants and relatives lived in New England, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Nebraska, Rhode Island, California, Nevada, Michigan and elsewhere. Includes Watson, Armington, Bemis, Denny, Draper, Kent, Washburn, Bailey, Barnard, Belcher, Bent, Biscoe, Bolles, Breckenridge, Bright, Browning, Bryant, Bullock, Burrage, Dennis, Fisher, Foster, Green, Hayward, Hobbs, Hodgkins, Holman, Howard, Jenks, Jones, Kellogg, Kitchell, Knight, Lazelle, Livermore, Loring, Mason, Maynard, Munger, Patrick, Prouty, Remington, Reed, Rice, Richardson, Rogers, Sadler, Sibley, Snow, Sprague, Stone, Studley, Symonds, Taitt, Thomas, Thompson, Trask, Tucker, Waite, Webster, Westcott, Wheeler, Whittermore, Wilson, Woods and related families.
From 1890-1903, the Dedham Historical Society in Dedham Massachusetts printed a quarterly pamphlet for it’s historical society called the “Dedham Historical Register.” In this pamphlet a variety of genealogical data was published on families of Dedham and the villages emanating from the early residents of Dedham, such as Dorchester, Franklin, Medfield, Medway, Needham, and Sharon, etc.
This Volume contains the history of the Cust family from Robert Cust of Pinchbeck in 1479 to the death of Sir Richard Cust, Bart., in 1700. In it are also printed the earlier title-deeds and other family records, which are now at Belton, in order to preserve them from future risks of decay or destruction, and to make them accessible to all those who are interested in the annals of Lincolnshire.
The classic work often cited by more contemporaneous authors on early New England families and the records of them found within the Principal Probate Registry, Somerset House, Strand, the Public Record Office, Fetter Lane, and the British Museum, Bloomsbury, while on a visit in London during the summer and fall of 1879.
A.C. Woodcock, dealer in groceries, produce, flour, etc., No. 116, 4th street, was born in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania; removed to West Va.; thence to O.; thence to Keokuk, Iowa, where he was employed in iron molding; thence to this city. He served in the U.S.A. from Aug. 11th, 1862, to July 1865, in Co. D., W.Va. Calvary under Gen. Custer, in the third division of Sheridan’s corps; was first lieutenant, and acted as brigade commissary. He was at the final surrender at Appomattox. The night before the surrender, their division captured thirty-six pieces of artillery at Appomattox depot. His company