A history of the first century of the town of Parsonsfield, Maine. Incorporated Aug 29, 1785, and celebrated with impressive ceremonies at North Parsonfield August 29, 1885.
Devereux, Henry Kelsey; railway supplies; born, Oct. 10, 1860; son of Gen. J. H. and Antionnette Kelsey Devereux; educated, Brooks Military Academy, Cleveland, scientific course, Sheffield College, Yale, graduating in 1883; married, Mildred Abeel French; issue, one son, Julius French, and one daughter, Aileen Mildred; civil engineer on the Cleveland, Columbus & Cincinnati R. R., …
Jeremiah Stover. He was born in Penobscot Dec. 5, 1770; came to Blue Hill a young man, built the house referred to before 1800. He married, Dec. 16, 1793, Abigail Devereux. He was a farmer and tanner and currier. The family consisted of nine children, as follows: Lois, Abigail, Jonathan, Hannah, Newton, Jeremiah, Lydia, Cynthia, and Martha.
Edmund Ingalls, son of Robert, was born about 1598 in Skirbeck, Lincolnshire, England. He immigrated in 1628 to Salem, Massachusetts and with his brother, Francis, founded Lynn, Massachusetts in 1629. He married Ann, fathered nine children, and died in 1648.